Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New discs pads squek

Patrico777

Hi

recently I changed new discs and pads on my st150 Pagid brand done around 300-400 miles since then and they still squek ? Is it normal or should I be worried about brake calipers !

When I got my car my car starting making all sorts of noises when I braked! XD All I did was apply some copper grease and it was all good. But would still keep an eye on yours though.

1 hour ago, OPLxx said:

When I got my car my car starting making all sorts of noises when I braked! XD All I did was apply some copper grease and it was all good. But would still keep an eye on yours though.

I will apply dome tomorrow as well do you think it cld be calipers

Could be. I'd say give it a good check tomorrow and try and sort something out. If you do apply copper grease and check out the calipers and it still makes noises then it might be worth getting it looked at by someone.

The copper grease would have been added to the back of the pads when they were changed over, I think some pad kits come with some in the box.

Yeah spoke to ny friend mechanic he said he did apply some he said he dont like pagid he says they will squek like that as they are not that good he said brembos are much better

Guessing that's the same guy that left the caliper hanging on the flexi...  I wouldn't trust him to have cleaned up the calipers properly and applied grease in the right place tbh...

I've used several sets of Pagids and never had a squeak.  I also use the Pagid Cera-Tec instead of copper grease now though.

• Like 3

I can't comment on the brands but blaming the brands seems like a get out clause for something he's done wrong.

It seems common sense not to let the caliper hang on the brake line, I know a few mechanics and none of them would ever do that. Might be worth mentioning it too him.

Is he a qualified and more importantly knowledgeable? Not advisable to let some rookie loose on your brakes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

Yeah spoke to ny friend mechanic he said he did apply some he said he dont like pagid he says they will squek like that as they are not that good he said brembos are much better

fitted hundreds of sets of Pagid pads and discs and never had any complaints of squeaking - be it my cars, family or punters. 

• Like 1

So what should I do guys to stop it squeking

You should be able to see through the wheel if any copper grease has been applied, if you can't see any then there might not have been any and the guy is trying to fob you off. If that's the case take the pads out, apply some copper grease and put them back!

2 hours ago, Russ said:

You should be able to see through the wheel if any copper grease has been applied, if you can't see any then there might not have been any and the guy is trying to fob you off. If that's the case take the pads out, apply some copper grease and put them back!

Where should I see grease ? 

Should be grease anywhere that the pad is in contact with the caliper.  So around the 2 'tabs' on the front of the caliper, and around the 'ears' of the pad but you won't be able to see that through the wheel.  Where the 'ears' sit should also be scraped out and cleaned so the pads can slide easily without getting caught.  Would also have been good to clean and regrease the sliders but again you won't see that without taking apart.  Also check that the anti-rattle spring has been refitted properly, you can see that from the front.

Changing pads is easy, doing it properly takes a bit more time and effort...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Should be grease anywhere that the pad is in contact with the caliper.  So around the 2 'tabs' on the front of the caliper, and around the 'ears' of the pad but you won't be able to see that through the wheel.  Where the 'ears' sit should also be scraped out and cleaned so the pads can slide easily without getting caught.  Would also have been good to clean and regrease the sliders but again you won't see that without taking apart.  Also check that the anti-rattle spring has been refitted properly, you can see that from the front.

Changing pads is easy, doing it properly takes a bit more time and effort...

Oh yeah he done that he cleaned the caliper also touched it twice three times with the grease on discs

Greased the discs?  I hope you mean the hub part in the middle lol.

Not sure what to suggest really, if it was mine I'd whip the pads out and give it a bit more grease, making sure it's all in the right places.  I know that's not really an option for you though.

I can almost definitely say it's not the brand causing the issue from experience though. 

• Like 1

On 13. 10. 2016 at 9:27 AM, TomsFocus said:

Greased the discs?  I hope you mean the hub part in the middle lol.

Not sure what to suggest really, if it was mine I'd whip the pads out and give it a bit more grease, making sure it's all in the right places.  I know that's not really an option for you though.

I can almost definitely say it's not the brand causing the issue from experience though. 

I will get another service have a look i think also this morning I noticed oil level very strange bit off topic check image does it look like I dont have oil ?? I only changed it like 2k miles ago sometimes I pullmit out It only shows the bottom bit minimum

IMG_5005.JPG

The oil level on these STs is ridiculous.  It always shows no oil the first time you pull it out!  Must be a vacuum in the dipstick tube or something lol.  Put it back in and pull it out again and I bet you'll have loads of oil on it. :smile: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The oil level on these STs is ridiculous.  It always shows no oil the first time you pull it out!  Must be a vacuum in the dipstick tube or something lol.  Put it back in and pull it out again and I bet you'll have loads of oil on it. :smile: 

I no I was reading somewhere that this happens tried always same

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club