Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus mk2 1.6 zetec 55 plate petrol manual clutch problem ?

kory1986

could someone tell me whats wrong i think my clutch is on its way out.

1. when pulling off in 1st gear the car shudders like your pulling off in 2 or 3 gear.

2. when selecting  gear its feels stiff to get in to gear or it dont feel like it wants to select that gear (not always but most of the time)

3. ref above the car selects gear fine when traveling at lower speeds when the revs are down

4. biting point now feels higher than it did

5.sometimes i can hear the gears crunching when selecting like the clutch is not engaged this dose not happen a lot

6. car pulls off in all gears form stand still with just the clutch and no gas pedal this is whats got me confused 

7. forgot in title cars done 68236 miles.

8. car feels like its vibrating more now when still

9. when changing down a gear the gears feel smooth like normal

10. with engine off the car goes in to gear normally like butter no stiffness at all if it was gear box wouldn't it be stiff with engine off also i cant image the car being able to change gear smoothly in low revs if it was the gear box as when im driving slow and change up quickly there is not a problem also if i take my time pulling off and i mean take my time going as slow as like it wont judder pulling off in first gear. i have now noticed that when i have the bonnet open and and press the gas pedal i can hear what can only be describe as a puff of air. 

11. just notice that when i press the clutch in  i can hear like a rattle/or little a vibration sound   

would relly help if someone could tell me whats up with the car i think its the clutch but dont want to spend 200 odd pound on a new clutch if its not the clutch when its so near to xmas dont have the money to waste like that need to kinda no what it is. 

if anyone wants to know what is could possibly be it seems to be the rear gear box mount engine rocking forward and up.

• Like 1

Maybe you should try and help yourself first Michael by posting this in the correct section of the forum. I know it's a novel idea but it usually works.

Do you think you could find the correct section and copy your post there?

That way you could then view all the posts concerning your model of car. There may even be posts covering your question there just waiting for you to read.

This forum is excellent and the members very helpful, provided you help your self in the first instance by posting in the correct section of the forum.

So on this occasion i shall post the link for you. Just to show you how helpful we can be. click on link to magically be transported to the correct section.

Here is the link http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/2-ford-focus-club/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joss max said:

Maybe you should try and help yourself first Michael by posting this in the correct section of the forum. I know it's a novel idea but it usually works.

Do you think you could find the correct section and copy your post there?

That way you could then view all the posts concerning your model of car. There may even be posts covering your question there just waiting for you to read.

This forum is excellent and the members very helpful, provided you help your self in the first instance by posting in the correct section of the forum.

So on this occasion i shall post the link for you. Just to show you how helpful we can be. click on link to magically be transported to the correct section.

Here is the link http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/2-ford-focus-club/

sorry i just re done one trying to quite the smoking so wasn't in the best mood earlier but thank you for letting me know   

• Like 1

lesson learned then Michael never use internets when having withdrawal symptoms.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club