Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

End Of Lease Return

goldtail77

Ok, so my 2014 1.6TDCi Tit Focus is due back to the lease firm soon. I've already had a dent taken out a door, The paint is pretty good, though a few scratches. Which in my opinion will fall within the fair wear and tear rules. While I will give it a good clean etc, I wont be able to get too meticulous on it due to time. When anyone else has returned a lease car, how well did you prep it for a return? There is a local Valet place that will do a full Valet for £110, including a mechanical polish.

Does that sound worth it?

Any Aberdeen area members with good\bad stories of valet locations?

I know a few folks who have lease cars all they do is pay £15 for a decent wash and hand wax then hoover and polish the dash. £110 would be worth it if you was selling it and wanted a higher price, or even if you just bought the car.

There's a guy in Elgin who does valeting that I would highly recommend, but probably too far away for you?

Thanks both. I'll give is a good going over tomorrow and see what it is like. Been months since it last had a proper wash. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well my car has gone back, I spent a good few hours on it. I won't say it was pristine but at the same time it was looking damn good.

Everything I found was well with in guidelines and wax chip sticked a few stone chips and scratches anyway. 

However the day before collection I found a *expletive* dent in the rear quarter, just above the wheel well, on the swage line. Don't know how I missed it, though it was about the size of a 5p. Anyway I had to return it as was, we signed for the identified dent. Invoice came through....£195 for a 5p sized dent. Paint and refinish it states...a smart repair would do it. The dent I had removed was much worse...so annoyed.

Any ideas on methods of negotiation? I'd pay about £100 as that would be semi fair but not double.

I should add their image of the damage, doesn't show it, car was wet. My own pictures were far better :laugh:, not telling them that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club