Do Not Sell My Personal Information

slight prob with my mk 2 v6

crazyhazyj

hi there this is my first time on the site i am havin a slight prob with my mk2 v6 estate when i lets just say give it a good tonking down the motorway after when i come off and go to pull away again the omph in the car has gone when i turn engine off and back on again the power comes back and so on i got a friend to hook it up to his diag computer and it came back sayin LACK OF H20S SENSOR RUNNING LEAN so i was wondering weather this problem could be a faulty lambda sensor and if so could this be the reason for the smell of petrol as there is no leaks and the heavy fuel consumpion i know its a v6 and they are thirsty but this seems to be very thirsty thanks for your time

Maybe so, need to ensure which sensor and bank tho.

There be a sensor per bank, and maybe even pre cat and after cat Lambda sensors.

Get a multimeter on the signal wires and check them.

It is likely it is the fault, bt need to check the signals from each...once warm always good, at idle.

Ensure good switching between 0.1 and 1v.

Piggy :)

There be a sensor per bank, and maybe even pre cat and after cat Lambda sensors.

It is likely it is the fault, bt need to check the signals from each...once warm always good, at idle.

thanks for that mate will try that and see what happens do you know a good website for cheap ford parts as the main dealers are as you would guess very expensive

thanks for that mate will try that and see what happens do you know a good website for cheap ford parts as the main dealers are as you would guess very expensive

hi if you find the prob i may have the part you need as im breaking a v6 cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club