Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytime running lights on mk5 mondeo

mmc18

Have just purchased a mondeo mk5 titanium first registered Feb 2016 and the daytime running lights are cheap nasty low wattage tungsten lamps where as other new mondeos of Titan spec have LEDs just wondering if there is a way of improving them without to much expense 

Simple answer is no I'm afraid. I changed my headlight and side light bulbs to better ones and it cost £150 just to get that done as it's a bumper off job and I can't do it myself. The DRL bulb i believe is a H15, a double filament bulb that is used for the DRL and for the main beam. There are little to no alternatives to this bulb AFAIK.

I'm pretty sure Beethoven has done something to his car but I can't remember what. I enquirer about changing my headlights and they said it can't be done which I don't understand I also asked about changing the fog light housing, again they said no. I was looking to do this....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231559472402

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Jonro2009 realised it was bumper off job as my man said he could fit zenons .The dtrls were a after thought before he fits the zenons next week.

I thought there would be a simple switch of the headlamp unit as a whole but they said it wasn't that easy. After 3 weeks of ownership I managed to smash a headlight so thought if I had to buy 1 I would upgrade both but it was a no go. I looked everywhere for a decent H15 replacement but couldn't find one. Like I said I'm sure someone has done it recently and I spoke to him about it but can't remember, I'll have a look and try and find the thread.

So you are going for HID aftermarket kit? What colour temp have you gone for? Currently I'm sporting Osram NightBreakers but would love to go down the HID route, I just can't do the bumper myself as I am registered disabled. Every other car I've had I have done a kit, providing it has a projector lens. I'd be interested to hear how your fella gets in and how he wired it all up just in case I can convince a pal to take my car apart [emoji6]

Hi  jonro2009. I will keep you posted as to how my man gets on fitting the HID Kit and will ask him to fit the ballast units somewhere accessible so they can be got at without disturbing the bumper and then  prey the lamps last a long time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Simple answer is no I'm afraid. I changed my headlight and side light bulbs to better ones and it cost £150 just to get that done as it's a bumper off job and I can't do it myself. The DRL bulb i believe is a H15, a double filament bulb that is used for the DRL and for the main beam. There are little to no alternatives to this bulb AFAIK.

I'm pretty sure Beethoven has done something to his car but I can't remember what. I enquirer about changing my headlights and they said it can't be done which I don't understand I also asked about changing the fog light housing, again they said no. I was looking to do this....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231559472402

See what you mean about the double filament bulb looks like no go.

• 2 weeks later...

Have just had my headlamps changed to zenons also changed the high beam and daytime running light (h15) to led also changed sidelights to leds. Car looks great at the front now,don't know why Ford are penny pinching putting cheap tungsten bulbs in. Why not just charge a bit extra on the price not the £900 quoted for leds as I have just had mine supplied and fitted for under £200.

Have just had my headlamps changed to zenons also changed the high beam and daytime running light (h15) to led also changed sidelights to leds. Car looks great at the front now,don't know why Ford are penny pinching putting cheap tungsten bulbs in. Why not just charge a bit extra on the price not the £900 quoted for leds as I have just had mine supplied and fitted for under £200.

What bulbs did you use for the H15 I have been looking for a decent set, do you have a link?

Found the h15 bulbs on eBay they are Cree 80watt approx price £35 a pair.

And that's the dual purpose bulb? Main beam and DRL? H15 are dual filament aren't they.

Do you have a link please?

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2016 at 2:01 PM, mmc18 said:

can you send me info on the upgrade at all plz..?

• 1 year later...

Boys can you tel mee please what bulb or LED is in the DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHT i dont realy wan to take the bumper down before i buy the bulb or LED 

As you set the other mondeo 2016 have that LED verry bright ... and my one is like lantern with batery gon 

Boys can you tel mee please what bulb or LED is in the DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHT i dont realy wan to take the bumper down before i buy the bulb or LED 
As you set the other mondeo 2016 have that LED verry bright ... and my one is like lantern with batery gon 
Is the DRL in the headlight cluster or the fog lamp? The LED is a sealed unit as far as I can remember and doesn't get swapped out. It should last the lifetime of the car, certainly longer than 5 years anyway. Might be worth speaking to Ford about warranty on the LED Bulbs [emoji2369]

I am admin on the most active UK Mk5 Facebook page, you would be able to get more information there if you would like to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club