Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HIDs

WillKinsella

Just thought I would start a topic to get a few folks opinions on HIDs. 

Basically, I'm looking to get a set of HID lights for my fiesta, but It seems there's s few negatives. From what I have read, they can damage the actually headlight itself due to the amount of light/heat it's giving off, and can damage the reflector that projects the light. I have a mate who fitted them amour a month ago now, bought his set for around £40. Last week both his HIDs blew up while driving leaving him with just his main beam and side lights to drive with. That kinda put me off abit.

anyway would love to know people's opinions, those of who have them fitted, which ones did you go for, any problems etc. 

Cheers

I don't think the projectors high spec current Fiesta's comes with are suited to HID's also (they are halogen projectors).  They were designed for halogen bulbs.  Allot of people do put HID's in them though,  

• Like 1

The current projectors are abit crap but are more than capable of dealing with HIDs. They give a decent cutoff and I have never had an issue with other motorists or the police. I would recommend HIDs direct rather than any of the cheap models available on ali express etc. I have had the one ballast and one bulb go in the year I have been using mine and both were replaced free of charge because they were under warranty. The change in light output is astonishing and I honestly wouldn't go back to halogens.

In summary then:

Way better light output and colour temperature

Slightly less reliable than regular bulbs

• Like 1

HID's are perfectly safe and much brighter than halogen. Wouldn't waste your time on cheap ones though. You can find high quality ones here - www.autobeam.co.uk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club