Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard auto gear indication MK3

salty-64

My MK3 TDCi  auto has recently developed any issue with the gear position indication on the dashboard LCD. The display still show P when in park but once moved to any other position the display goes blank, even if I move the gear selector into the manual position there is no gear displayed. The gearbox itself operates normally and in manual it still changes gear. I am hoping somebody has come across this before or hopefully knows what the issue could be. Thanks for any help you can offer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I have resolved the issue. I found there is a small microswitch in front of the gearshift lever, this switch was only making when in the park postion. The switch runs against some nylon part which i assume over the 123k miles and 12+ years of use has worn down a bit. I found that packing the switch up at the side towards the front of the vehicle tipped the switch far enough for it to make contact as it should, hey presto problem solved! Hope this helps anybody else with the same problem. The packing piece was just a bit thinner than a 5p piece.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

i have the same problem on my mondeo. Will try to investigate and update my progress.