Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well that's jut peachy!

DanGull

I parked up in a school car park today - went inside to teach - and came back a few hours later to find a MASSIVE patch of scuffing/scratches on my rear bumper.

Someone has reversed out of a nearby space and driven straight into my car by the looks of it. Two scratches, both around 10 inches long, a large patch of black deposit from (I would assume) a plastic bumper and various other scuffs and scrapes.

Absolutely livid.

:angry::angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

NOOOOOOOO!

Do some questioning, they may have CCTV nearby???

That sucks, i hate it when that happens, they are a huge twirrup to hit a big white shining car in the first place, an even bigger tiwirrup not to own up to it!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR im annoyed for u! :angry: :angry: :o

Oh god! That's awful Dan :( Your poor baby. Utter knobs not leaving a note or anything, can't say I'm surprised.... People are just so thoughtless nowadays.

Poor you :( Gutted for you.

Gutted for you mate :(

Some people are right $%@#*£ :angry:

Thanks guys :(

I've booked it in with a Ford bodyshop today (oddly enough the same bodyshop that someone pulled out from to write my last car off :lol:) so hopefully it will all be taken care of. I've said I'll have a new bumper fitted if they're not 100% confident it will be invisible.

Lets hope it doesn't prove too costly! Got any pictures of the damage? I'm a glutton for punishment lol

:lol: You are aren't you Flic?

No pics I'm afraid - it's raining now and I don't want to look at it again. I had big plans to try out some FK1000P on the car this weekend and do a full protection detail - suddenly I feel less inclined to do it!

You know it's like a car crash, you don't want to look but you just have to... I know I'm not alone! :blink:

I know how you feel regarding the cleaning it. When I curbed my alloy I didn't even want to look at the car. Made me feel sick that it was wrecked. I imagine it's ten times worse knowing you didn't damage it and the extent of it :( You can always come and wash Fabio...? ;) He's revolting!

a big BOO HISS from the stafford massive comin' your way brother

why do i talk like i come from the ghetto? i live in a farmhouse!

Gutted for you man. It happens though, people will not leave details. I take it the area you parked has no CCTV ?. Also just had a thought if it is a car with plastic bumpers why not next time you are at the school, look around the car park for cars with plastic bumpers and you never know you might catch the person that did that to your car.You got any pictures of the damage ?

Bad Luck mate. I do hope you get it sorted soon. At least it was only the bumper though.

This is the reason why I call Tesco's car park Hell!! Pack em in, watch 90% of people with 4x4's or big estates or MPV's park at an angel and let the kids wallop your car as they get out.

Sorry, personal gripe there.

Sorry to hear that news Dan, hope it isn't too costly and it's looking like new again shortly!

Speaking of car parking spaces and supermarket ones being hell; the car park at my work is horrendous - even if you have the car perfectly lined up and sat in the middle of the space and same for the two cars either side, the bays are that narrow that getting out of the car without the door hitting other people's cars is a challenge - the building/premises were built decades ago and as such, the parking bays were obviously designed for 60s/70s cars and to maximise the bays to tarmac ratio! Not good!

So I'll be on the lookout for a nice corner to park up in when she arrives :D

Peter

P.S. Pet Hate No# 33 = people too lazy to leave trolleys back to trolley bays!!! Yes there are people who's job it is to return them to the store for you, but this should be from the trolley bay people! Not a parking bay! And if like at my local Tesco, the tarmac isn't completely flat, wind picks up and blows the discarded trolley down the slight slope hurtling towards somebody's car!

<Rant Over> B)

Dan – a similar thing happen to me some years ago and I know how annoying (and expensive) it can be :( .

I still hate leaving my car in crowded car parks and try to park next to cars that appear to be clean and well looked and parked properly.

But I do think as someone has mention that car park spaces should have a minimum width by law and as most modern cars get wider with each model should be wide enough to allow for changes in styles. :huh:

I feel sorry for you, just some people dont care and its utterly disgusting.

talking of school parking, its always a nightemare and we have to squueze our cars in some very odd spaces sometimes

Last year i scatched my own car trying to squeeze into some of these awkward places

i hope with a lick of paint you can sort that out.

On the good note at least your car is white, I cant imagine a squuze getting a dent and how to sort it

the same thing happened to my car last month someone scrapped and dented the rear wing and the wheel cost me a small fortune to have the whole side of the resprayed.

still aint found who did it and it was out side my house :angry:

the same thing happened to my car last month someone scrapped and dented the rear wing and the wheel cost me a small fortune to have the whole side of the resprayed.

still aint found who did it and it was out side my house :angry:

We too had a mystery assault on our rear bumper - it was particularly peculiar because we didn't know until the next day, when as we sat down in the car there was a massive "plink" noise and the part which forms the rear edge of the right rear wheel arch had suddenly popped out by about 1 cm from its normal position. Close examination showed a tiny scrape along the horizontal line contour on that corner of the bumper, and a tiny crack in the red perspex over the bumper-mounted foglight. Whilst I couldn't move the bumper back to the correct position, a nice bloke at the Ford garage did it for free with an expertly-aimed slap, and I bought some genuine Ford touch-up paint from another Ford garage (as ours didn't have any) on eBay. I'm trying to ignore the little hairline crack for now (the foglight still works fine).

Goodness knows who did it - we'd been parked in a supermarket car park (always those, isn't it?!) the day before and it was nearly dark and raining hard when we left, which would be why we suspected nothing. The temporary (and delayed!) deformation of the bumper seemed to be a bit much for it to have been a trolley so I guess it was a car. Goodness knows how they couldn't see a frozen white Fiesta! No details were left of course - though maybe they couldn't see any damage if they actually looked, since it was very difficult to see (and the bumper hadn't popped out of shape at that point).

Shopping car parks are certainly the worst.

I no when I was at school that those in there final year who were driving used to park next to teachers cars without a care in the world of how close they were etc.

I find when I park at uni i always aim for the end spaces, there are a few next to a line of hedge with about a metre gap between the hedge and the actual start of the space so tend to park with the line up the middle of the car :lol: I had no problems with this until one day someone had squeezed in the part of the space i had left, got knows how they got out there car, but no damage atleast :D

I'm gutted for you Dan! That's terrible news. :(

People can be so thoughtless when it comes to things like that. I hope you can get it all sorted out nicely. I know how you feel about not being able to do a detail... I have been waiting to do one on mine for about 3 weeks now :angry:

How &#33;Removed&#33; annoying. There's nothing more irritating than when someone else damages your car and just drives off. :angry: In fact I hate parking anywhere in general, let alone in a big car park where you have to park next to two other cars - double the danger! I always try and find an end space and go right up against the wall or try and park inbetween two nice cars. Then when I get back to my car I spend ages checking no-ones opened their door onto it... must look like a bit of a loser!

Hope it doesn't cost too much to fix.

Ouch, possibly the most annoying and irratating thing that can happen. I learnt many years ago to park well away from the entrance to supermarkets or better never go near them (or if i do send the ball and chain in and stay with the car). I used to live overlooking a supermarket car park and it was often more entertaining to watch the drivers on a Saturday afternoon trying to park than watch the tv (there where only 4 or maybe still 3 channels in those days). Sorry to say it for the girls but the women were by far the worst offenders putting aside the ones with babies who could scratch a car with prams and trollies many found it hard to centre on a space and ended up hitting at least one car. I remember one time that a woman driving a big 4x4 hit one car and tore off the rear bumper while trying to get in, hit another car whilst reversing out smashing the front numberplate, moved to another space further down and hit a 3rd car which set off the alarm (alarms were quite rare in those days) at which point she decided to leave the carpark. I wandered across with a few bits of paper with her reg number i was so incensed by it although it was extremely common for cars to be hit in this way.

I do think new drivers in general are better at parking now at least it is part of the test. When I did my test late 70s as far as parking went you were on your own when it came to parking i don't remember even being taught parrallel parking when i was learning.

Poor Dan. :(

Sorry about this happening mate, that's a real bummer!

Get out there and do your detailing as your Fez prolly wants some TLC.

You can't do anything against f**ktards in car parks I'm afraid.....but as one chummy said,

ask the school to check their cctvs...if they have them?

Sorry to hear this Dan.

I have a similar thing 3 weeks ago, Tesco car park, shopping trolly rammed in to my rear bumper.

Even cracked the Red Fog Light.

I made the mistake of going to 'Chips a way'...........and what a f**kup they made, and charged £170 for an 'Invisable Repair'

Yeah right, Moonstone Silver repaired with a Red hue for free......Muppet's

Anyway, got my money back, and have since ordered and new geniune replacement from Allen Ford parts @ a cost of £345 delivered.

Fitting it tomorrow, weather permitting of course.

Good luck with your repair.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club