Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise control????

M4RC

I currently don't have cruise control but does anyone know if it's possible?

ive heard from some people that it's possible and some say not. 

Would I just need the steering wheel and it activated??y standard plate is - BV15 TCZ if that helps

cheers Marc

It should be possible, you would need the button, loom for inside the wheel and the trim piece. Better off finding one on eBay of Facebook parts pages, you need one from a 2013onwards car as the prefacelift cars had red illumination.

it will need programming, most dealers won't do it or won't know how to, there's a guy on Facebook who can but he is in Sussex, so nowhere near you. Some one mentioned you can but a ELM lead and if you download Forscan you can do it yourself.

I had cruise control fitted to an 06 Fiesta.   It was done by a firm near East Midlands Airport that I found on the internet.   The guy that has the car now tells me it's still working.

I'm also keen to do this. There was a thread, I think from the guy on Facebook that enables it, that had information on how to tell if your car can be fitted. Unfortunately I can't find the thread now. It was something about whether the loom had the terminator inside the wheel. 

The car I had done was an 06 Fiesta Ghia.   The guy said it was the only model of that year that could be done because it had the right loom.

22 hours ago, MarksST said:

It should be possible, you would need the button, loom for inside the wheel and the trim piece. Better off finding one on eBay of Facebook parts pages, you need one from a 2013onwards car as the prefacelift cars had red illumination.

it will need programming, most dealers won't do it or won't know how to, there's a guy on Facebook who can but he is in Sussex, so nowhere near you. Some one mentioned you can but a ELM lead and if you download Forscan you can do it yourself.

Ah okay, hopefully I can find someone to do it then. 

The colour wouldn't be an issue as I've done a full SMD conversion anyways so I'll alter it. 

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but did you manage to retrofit one Mark?

I'm looking at options for my 2014 fiesta.

On 2017-5-26 at 4:00 PM, kasajack said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread but did you manage to retrofit one Mark?

I'm looking at options for my 2014 fiesta.

Yeah, all fitted and working... Bought the buttons and the tool to activate it and done it myself with some help from some other members on here..

• Like 2

On 5/27/2017 at 11:30 PM, M4RC said:

Yeah, all fitted and working... Bought the buttons and the tool to activate it and done it myself with some help from some other members on here..

Thanks I might have to do it myself then.

Did you use this guide Marc?  - 

I helped talk and guide  Marc through the cruise control and powerfold retrofits, questions are always welcome :)

On 6/3/2017 at 4:04 PM, GingerFlame said:

I helped talk and guide  Marc through the cruise control and powerfold retrofits, questions are always welcome :)

Key Kieran 

So, am I right in thinking these are the steps I need to take?

1. Firstly, get a wheel with the cruise control trim and buttons - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-CRUISE-CONTROL-MK8-FULL-LEATHER-STEERING-WHEEL-2008-2013-GENUINE/192189910698?_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dc941e4fb5a0b46cba00fe4aff483d4ef%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D252381403178&_trkparms=pageci%3Ad575f47d-49f2-11e7-b32a-74dbd1803149%7Cparentrq%3A7871194715c0a861ef41a6d9fff7f9ef%7Ciid%3A1
  2. Then use this guide to take off the wheel trim and replace it - 
  3. Finally upload using this device to get the correct settings - http://www.obdinnovations.com/elm327-usb-cable-modified-hs-ms-can-switch-with-ft232rl-pic18f25k80-for-forscan/

Is that all?

Thanks for your help.

7 hours ago, kasajack said:

Pretty much it :) You'll need forscan and an extended license to do the work too 

Just make sure you check you have the wiring present, and make sure you purchase the correct year (prefacelift/facelift are different colours, I made this mistake and swapped with marc as he's converted his SMDs

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Pretty much it :) You'll need forscan and an extended license to do the work too 

Just make sure you check you have the wiring present, and make sure you purchase the correct year (prefacelift/facelift are different colours, I made this mistake and swapped with marc as he's converted his SMDs

Thanks. I'll post here on how I get on

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kasajack said:

Thanks. I'll post here on how I get on

If you struggle then give me a message once you have the adapter and I don't mind doing it via remote desktop 

• Like 1