Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can I check to see if my mk2 focus has had a dpf delete ?

bigup

Thinking of getting a dpf delete but want to check to see if it already has had one done.

its a 2010 focus Zetec 1.6 tdci with full service history and has done 133k miles (ex company car)

there are no signs of dpf being faulty (touch wood) but would of thought the dpf filter being replaced with the car being at 133k. (no paper work for this)

am thinking about getting the dpf/egr deleted but want to check Incase the garage (not my usual mechanic) pulls a fast one and charges me for the work when it's been done previously .

also anyone know any decent places that will do dpf delete in and around the north west?

thanks. 

Its been done on my 2.0 tdci, the guy i bought car from, said it had been deleted and also re mapped to 160 bhp. The dpf  must be left on the car or its an instant mot fail., from what i have read the dpf`s are cut open, the filter is smashed out, re welded or resealed, the program that runs the dpf regen is deleted. Have a look at your dpf for signs that it has been welded up or sealed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rs200 said:

Its been done on my 2.0 tdci, the guy i bought car from, said it had been deleted and also re mapped to 160 bhp. The dpf  must be left on the car or its an instant mot fail., from what i have read the dpf`s are cut open, the filter is smashed out, re welded or resealed, the program that runs the dpf regen is deleted. Have a look at your dpf for signs that it has been welded up or sealed. 

Thanks. 

It's illegal so really there should be no sign whatsoever that it's been gutted!! :wink:

A good welder will cut it along the original weld and then reweld in the same place so it's not visible.

• Like 1

Thanks. 

Let's hope the installer is a trust worthy one.  

Il check the service book again to see if I can see anything around the 80k miles mark for a dpf service /top up or replacement 

16 hours ago, bigup said:

Thanks. 

Let's hope the installer is a trust worthy one.  

Il check the service book again to see if I can see anything around the 80k miles mark for a dpf service /top up or replacement 

If it's a 2010, this shouldn't need a fluid top up as this was one of the change over period cars. The 2008/2009 cars had this but I'm pretty sure the 2010 upwards had the newer ceramic DPF and therefore no need to top fluids up and a longer lasting DPF.

• Like 1

Thanks Andy, do you think its worth while getting a dpf delete?

On 24/10/2016 at 1:50 PM, bigup said:

Thanks Andy, do you think its worth while getting a dpf delete?

Not if you want to get stung by the MOT tester or VOSA if they choose to pull you over one day and do a thorough inspection of your car.

• Like 2

Think I'm go a hold out and see how it goes with the car.

do you know what conditions the car needs to be in for regen to occur ?

any cheap way of finding out ? Think I've read il need to buy a elm device and software to read from diagnostics port 

• Like 1

From what ive read you need to give it a good blast on a motorway, why dpfs fail and end up costing hundreds to repair, is that owners don't do enough miles , drive to work  a few miles away, the dpf clogs up car goes into limp mode. You can of course take it off and clean it with a jet washer ( that is if it clogs up ) having said that , the way to get the best out of the dpf is a good 30 minutes  on a motorway. Keep the revs highish also (4th gear or even 3rd ) unfortunately  though you wont know if its gone into regen mode, that's another issue people have with dpfs , it can start its regen, yet if the car is stopped , engine off etc the regen fails,

For me knowing the car i bought has dpf delete ( she chucks out smoke on boost) i hope VOSA  wont stop men never been stopped in my 20 plus driving years, must say though this is my first diesel 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club