Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Light Upgrades

Aaron Harris

Hi all, I have just bought a Ford Focus MK3 14plate and want to upgrade the bulbs to led and Xeon. 

Mare there any bulbs people have used before they would recommend for Highf beam H1, dipped beam H7, side light 501 led, reverse bulbs

I would like like to change them all over at some point but these ones above I want to do first. 

Thanks

16 hours ago, Aaron Harris said:

Hi all, I have just bought a Ford Focus MK3 14plate and want to upgrade the bulbs to led and Xeon. 

Mare there any bulbs people have used before they would recommend for Highf beam H1, dipped beam H7, side light 501 led, reverse bulbs. 

I would like like to change them all over at some point but these ones above I want to do first. 

Thanks

You  cannot install HID/Xenon/Discharge bulbs into a halogen reflector. This is highly illegal. You need to purchase the proper Bi-Xenon headlights, which will also require a new bumper, washers in the bumper, and a new set of pipes and pump to make it road legal.

If you want the "Xenon" look, I recommend GE Sportlight H7 and H1 bulbs. Lovely shade of white, and completely E marked and road legal halogen bulbs.

I have these bulbs from link for a year now and been great and good light output and a good amount of white for a great price, worth just trying them for the price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-H7-499-477-100W-XENON-SUPER-WHITE-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-DIPPED-MAIN-BEAM-12V-HID-/400870737846?hash=item5d55c207b6

23 hours ago, ajzetecs said:

I have these bulbs from link for a year now and been great and good light output and a good amount of white for a great price, worth just trying them for the price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-H7-499-477-100W-XENON-SUPER-WHITE-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-DIPPED-MAIN-BEAM-12V-HID-/400870737846?hash=item5d55c207b6

Of which are not road legal and will probably be of the type that blind everyone. The maximum allowed wattage is 55W for H7, plus these are not E marked for road use.

On 27/10/2016 at 1:42 PM, DJ_Andy_M said:

You  cannot install HID/Xenon/Discharge bulbs into a halogen reflector. This is highly illegal. You need to purchase the proper Bi-Xenon headlights, which will also require a new bumper, washers in the bumper, and a new set of pipes and pump to make it road legal.

If you want the "Xenon" look, I recommend GE Sportlight H7 and H1 bulbs. Lovely shade of white, and completely E marked and road legal halogen bulbs.

I had I had the 100w ones before on my old focus passed 3 mots with them. Just wanted to know if there were anything else out there. Looking at the osram night breakers. 

i had osram nightbreakers sure still have somewhere think they a too yellow but the cover better area of light, cant complain with ones of eBay for nearly £6 they are a bargain, dont mind spending cash but thought a would trial them and they done the job a year later and still ok

Have anyone tried the Osram cool blue H7 bulbs? Just had a look at a couple of videos online they look pretty good. I know you can't 100% tell from a video. I might give these a go at some point and let you know how i get on. 

I'm using Osram Hyper blue H7 and they're really good. That's me coming from using HIDs to the Osrams and they're perfect. Same slight blue tint as HIDs only they arent as intense for obvious reasons.

5 minutes ago, kpg said:

I'm using Osram Hyper blue H7 and they're really good. That's me coming from using HIDs to the Osrams and they're perfect. Same slight blue tint as HIDs only they arent as intense for obvious reasons.

You pass mots ok with them as reading online when buying them says there not road legal. 

You pass mots ok with them as reading online when buying them says there not road legal. 

I haven't actually done an mot with them yet as I put them in after my last one so can't comment there. I can't see why they wouldn't pass though. I'll not be changing them for regular ones cone my next mot that's for sure.

This isn't a great picture and I've nothing to compare it to regular bulbs but is kinda shows how white/blue the bulbs are against my drls:

1477761461136.jpg

Think my alignment might be slightly off looking at that pic :/

38 minutes ago, kpg said:

This isn't a great picture and I've nothing to compare it to regular bulbs but is kinda shows how white/blue the bulbs are against my drls:

1477761461136.jpg

They look good. Think I will give them a go then. Thanks for the photo. 

1477761461136.jpg

They look good. Think I will give them a go then. Thanks for the photo. 

No prob. I might get a pic of them bulbs compared to normal halogen sidelights later.

5 hours ago, kpg said:

are these ones you bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/201415000359?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=27378760866&rlsatarget=pla-181484323506&adtype=pla&poi=&googleloc=9046758&device=c&campaignid=620865095&crdt=0

are these ones you bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/201415000359?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=27378760866&rlsatarget=pla-181484323506&adtype=pla&poi=&googleloc=9046758&device=c&campaignid=620865095&crdt=0

Yep those are the ones. I'll be getting the same ones for my fogs soon in H11.

9 hours ago, kpg said:

I have put them on my watch list for when I get paid. Going to do high beam H1 main beam H7 and the fogs H11 at the same time. Now wondering weather to change the indicator to led while I am there as I have done my side lights then that would be the front all changed over. 

I just used silvatech bulbs for my indicators. I think you need resistors for the led to blink properly. Something along those lines.

On 10/28/2016 at 10:17 PM, Aaron Harris said:

I had I had the 100w ones before on my old focus passed 3 mots with them. Just wanted to know if there were anything else out there. Looking at the osram night breakers. 

Then your MOT station was clearly flouting the rules, and thus if they get hit with a VOSA inspection one day I hope they get caught out.

for mot purposes it matters not what the wattage is 

1 hour ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Then your MOT station was clearly flouting the rules, and thus if they get hit with a VOSA inspection one day I hope they get caught out.

since when do mot testers take bulbs out of the headlights to check wattage ?

lighten up FFS.

• Like 2

Ok so it's not part of the mot but you would get taken to the cleaners if you had a accident and have non road legal parts on your car. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club