Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battle of the 'talk'

InstructorPiggy

OK, so I am getting the diesel Zetec S mk7 'soon'....only really coz of the MPG due to using it as a teaching vehicle. I do prefer petrols, but have a nice ZX6R for when I wana rev the nuts of something!

I was interested when I was testing different cars and reading reviews tho, that although the petrol ZS is quicker to 60 (9.9secs compared to 11.9secs)....the diesel is quicker from 30-60 (10.8 seconds for the petrol and 9.9 for the diesel)...due to the torque obviously.

I was just wondering what the torque is like on the Mountune 140 version of the ZS?? Hoping to improve on the midrange lack of the petrol maybe??

Coz as standard the TDCI ZS will be somthing like 90bhp and 156ft lbs torque or 212NM of torque compared to the petrol ZS which is 120bhp but only 112ft lbs or 152NMs of torque.

However hoping to get it to dreamscience in the new year and they happily chirrup at the fact they can not only improve the MPG but also increase the BHP on the diesel to 110bhp and the torque up to 200ft lbs or 270NM.

Me thinking that gona be some kik up the bum when the turbo hikes!

But would wonder what it will be like matched up to the Mountune?!

Any thoughts or people know of it already done with the mk6 ZS?!

Piggy :)

OK, so I am getting the diesel Zetec S mk7 'soon'....only really coz of the MPG due to using it as a teaching vehicle. I do prefer petrols, but have a nice ZX6R for when I wana rev the nuts of something!

I was interested when I was testing different cars and reading reviews tho, that although the petrol ZS is quicker to 60 (9.9secs compared to 11.9secs)....the diesel is quicker from 30-60 (10.8 seconds for the petrol and 9.9 for the diesel)...due to the torque obviously.

I was just wondering what the torque is like on the Mountune 140 version of the ZS?? Hoping to improve on the midrange lack of the petrol maybe??

Coz as standard the TDCI ZS will be somthing like 90bhp and 156ft lbs torque or 212NM of torque compared to the petrol ZS which is 120bhp but only 112ft lbs or 152NMs of torque.

However hoping to get it to dreamscience in the new year and they happily chirrup at the fact they can not only improve the MPG but also increase the BHP on the diesel to 110bhp and the torque up to 200ft lbs or 270NM.

Me thinking that gona be some kik up the bum when the turbo hikes!

But would wonder what it will be like matched up to the Mountune?!

Any thoughts or people know of it already done with the mk6 ZS?!

the technician who did my mountune upgrade has had his mk7 tdci remapped and he said after taking mine out he didnt think there would be much in it,but a 1000 miles later when i had the mountune recall he took it out again and he was impressed by how well it pulled!,so as harry hill says!!! :P

Did you get rolling road printouts? Or any have power figures for the mountune torque upgrade?

Did you get rolling road printouts? Or any have power figures for the mountune torque upgrade?

no there is some on the mountune website but they dont have the original on the graph to compare

OK, this is interesting...

Mountune claim that with the pack it will go up to 140ps (138bhp) and up to 170nm (125ft lbs).

So not a huge increase on the original 152NM (112ft lbs.) But the point at which it peaks has gone down it would appear in the rev range, so that is a good thing and would feel better to drive.

only see when someone does the TDci ZS up to 270nm and pips against the mountune on a track maybe??! Ford day at combe next year!? ;)

the technician who did my mountune upgrade has had his mk7 tdci remapped and he said after taking mine out he didnt think there would be much in it,but a 1000 miles later when i had the mountune recall he took it out again and he was impressed by how well it pulled!,so as harry hill says!!! :P

Where did he mapp it and with what company? cheers ;)

Duno bout that, but Bluefin and Dreamscience both willing and able, just need the first donor car to be willing to travel to their place of business to start the ball rolling I believe.

Outa curiosity, does the mountune pack REALY bring the 0-60 down a whole 2 seconds?!?!

yes it does

Have to say that in all the road tests I read about the new fiesta they went on about how much weight it had shed and that the 1.6 petrol had 120bhp but it noewhere near feels as quick as my chipped MINI One Convertible which was renowed for being a very heavy car (100kg+ heavier than the hard top) and that only had 120bhp too

Have to say that in all the road tests I read about the new fiesta they went on about how much weight it had shed and that the 1.6 petrol had 120bhp but it noewhere near feels as quick as my chipped MINI One Convertible which was renowed for being a very heavy car (100kg+ heavier than the hard top) and that only had 120bhp too

Torque us better in the Minis :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club