Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No audio over USB

Chimpanzee

Hi. I have a 2010 Fiesta with USB and bluetooth (but not the fancy Sony system). I've been playing music over bluetooth from my iPhone 6 but the audio stutters/pops frequently. I thought I'd try connecting over USB instead but I get no audio whatsoever there. The track name appears on the display and appears to be playing on both the phone and in-car display, but there's no audio coming out of the Speakers.

I've turned the volume right up on my phone but this has made no difference.

Any suggestions?

You need a 2 part cable, the usb handles the charging and control connectivity but you need a 3.5 audio cable part as well-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-For-Apple-iPhone-6-Audio-Cable-with-1-0A-USB-Power-Adapter-/131796528560?hash=item1eafaf6db0:g:ZnoAAOSw9N1VweYH

The Y-cable is only needed on older firmware versions of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. On newer firmware versions a normal USB cable will be sufficient for both Iphone/Ipod control and audio communication.

This problem can easily be solved by performing the latest Ford Audio Update that was released back in November 2012. This update can be performed by the owner from a USB thumb drive. After the support for the 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system stopped Ford removed the official download links from all websites. However these files can still be found at several places on on the internet and downloaded without any problems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

The Y-cable is only needed on older firmware versions of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. On newer firmware versions a normal USB cable will be sufficient for both Iphone/Ipod control and audio communication.

This problem can easily be solved by performing the latest Ford Audio Update that was released back in November 2012. This update can be performed by the owner from a USB thumb drive. After the support for the 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system stopped Ford removed the official download links from all websites. However these files can still be found at several places on on the internet and downloaded without any problems.

Thank you both for your replies. JW1982 - I have found the firmware update from November 2012 that I believe you're referring to, but the photo in the forum post looks very different to the audio system in my car. Mine is a UK Fiesta and that one looks like the US model. Do you know if the update is compatible with the UK version of the car?

Actually, never mind. Found this video which shows it working on my car. Thank you. Will give this a try tomorrow.

• Like 1

The Ford Audio Update was applicable on a number of different Ford models. After releasing the first update (in 2010) Ford also released several instruction videos for different Ford models on Youtube. Some of these instruction videos are still floating arround on Youtube. Despite the different audio systems on different Ford models the procedure to perform the update was very similar.

Next to the Y-cable no longer be needed the updates also improved phone compatibility and bluetooth Audio functionality.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club