Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perimeter alarm query

isetta

I recently bought a Fiesta Style (2015 year). The salesman (main ford dealer) told me this car is fitted with the £100 optional extra perimeter alarm. How can i tell if that is the case? I don't really care if it has it or not (in fact I would rather it did not because then there can be no false alarms) but I would like to know because if I hear a car alarm going off at night I need to know if it is mine or not for the sake of not annoying the neighbours. Can any assist please

thanks for that. I had never heard of that but I have now had a look and it says it does have perimeter alarm. So the next question is, how do I set the alarm off (so I know what it sounds like and whether or not lights flash or whatever)?  without actually breaking into my car.   thanks

This is a random guess but try getting inside it, lock with fob and try to open the door.  Not sure if that'll trigger it though 

I had already tried opening the door from inside with it locked but that does not do it (it has deadlocks). 

I tried pulling the bonnet release but that did not do it the first time.

I tried it again with the bonnet release and it did work the 2nd time.  I think maybe there is a time gap between locking the car and the alarm arming and I had not left it long enough the first time. 

So, thanks, I now know what the alarm sounds like. 

On 10/30/2016 at 0:49 PM, isetta said:

So, thanks, I now know what the alarm sounds like. 

isnt it just the horn beeping at 1 second intervals ?

thats how it is on the focus anyway........

well, yes it is, with the indicators flashing, but I did not know that, it might have been a siren sound for all I knew. 

I also wondered this. Mine states:

With Perimeter Anti-Theft

So i assume this is the alarm and will sound with the horn and indicates. Never had it go off but its nice to know i have it. (if it works)

yes that is what mine says on fordetis "With Perimeter Anti-Theft "

sit in the car. hold key in hand, lock it with the keyfob buttons. wait a minute, pull the bonnet release lever.

and see it it works.  Then put key in ignition and turn it before it annoys the neighbours too much.

I know this does not prove it will work in circumstances other than someone crowbarring the bonnet open.

It only goes off if the doors bonnet or boot is opened. it doesn't work if a window is smashed or the car lifted or towed away.

Tried it this morning and worked as it should. Does it go off if the engine is started without the key?