Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Advise on carrot insurance

smurf1242

Hey guys

my brother has just passed his test and got a car he's gone through carrot insurance on a black box they didn't come out and fit it or anything they just sent a orange bluetooth box which you connect your phone to while driving (which to me seems unusual) he's now received an email from them saying they are cancelling his policy due to his car being heavily modified they aren't open today so can't phone them till tomorrow but the car is absolutely standard and has been inspected by a garage on purchase this whole company seems to be a scam read both good and bad reviews on them can any one give any advise 

thank you in advance 

smurf

Edited by smurf1242
My Grammar Sucks

First off, I can see you meant car insurance in place of carrot insurance, which did tickle me.

Has he been doing quotes online for modification like tinted Windows or stereos etc, just to get an idea of the cost? He needs to prove the car is not modified, easiest way is to take photos and send then in and perhaps you can get a local garage of some form to write confirmation or request an assessor visits.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Contact the FCA - 0845 6061234 and complain.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Thanks for the advise and btw the insurance company is called carrot lol :) 

• Like 1

Haha, never heard of them but that is amusing lol.

Agreed though, but get proof, Independent letter and photos etc and get the sent, then if they refuse as Clive says, fca complaint should sort it

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Silly Jeebo, never assume something that looks like a mistake is, admittedly I did think the same at first then thought what an odd name for a insurance company. lol

Their website says they are FSA registered so they are agreeing to comply with FSA guidelines (although they are not obliged to do so, the FSA is more advisory than legally binding).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club