Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Rattle Mk6 Fiesta

Tom HFord

Been driving me nuts for months, my fiesta mk6 has a huge noise when it goes over any bumps in the road big enough to shake the car, the boot rattles so much, I've been on forums and they've said to put electrical tape on the slam part and then put a rubber washer in the mechanism it self, i've done this and after opening the boot a couple of times the boot returns, if any one has any suggestions or the same problem please let me know. Thanks

I have not examine the type of mechanism so i might be wrong . From  my general experience of cars the striker plate (the part fixed to the car body, not the part on the tailgate) is usually held on by bolts that go through slots (not round holes) in the striker plate. So can you loosed the bolts a little, more the striker plate a millimeter towards front of car and then do bolts up. This means when closed it is holding the tailgate tighter. 

1 hour ago, Tom HFord said:

Been driving me nuts for months, my fiesta mk6 has a huge noise when it goes over any bumps in the road big enough to shake the car, the boot rattles so much, I've been on forums and they've said to put electrical tape on the slam part and then put a rubber washer in the mechanism it self, i've done this and after opening the boot a couple of times the boot returns, if any one has any suggestions or the same problem please let me know. Thanks

Are you sure it's the boot and not the rear seats that are rattling, the 'bar' on the rear seats that fits into the 'catch' rattled on mine so I wrapped a bit tape around the bar, put the seats back upright and all was well. 

16 hours ago, isetta said:

I have not examine the type of mechanism so i might be wrong . From  my general experience of cars the striker plate (the part fixed to the car body, not the part on the tailgate) is usually held on by bolts that go through slots (not round holes) in the striker plate. So can you loosed the bolts a little, more the striker plate a millimeter towards front of car and then do bolts up. This means when closed it is holding the tailgate tighter. 

Ok thanks i'll give that a try and see if it helps.

15 hours ago, Russ said:

Are you sure it's the boot and not the rear seats that are rattling, the 'bar' on the rear seats that fits into the 'catch' rattled on mine so I wrapped a bit tape around the bar, put the seats back upright and all was well. 

I'm pretty certain it's the boot catch because i've had the seats down when driving along and the noise comes strongly from the back, I'll still check though thanks .

Are you sure its not the plastic trim around the rearmost windows? Mine rattles/squeaks and its really rather annoying and I thought it was the boot rattling or something - its the piece of trim just above where the parcel shelf rests, give it a push and see if it squeaks/rattles.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club