Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air-con question...

Flic

I don't know if this is the norm, but I've only just noticed that whenever I start my car the little light that says the air conditioning is on is always on regardless of whether it was turned off or on when I last used the car or not... If that makes any sense, I dunno. I'm tired! :blink:

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm sure in my Dad's old Focus this didn't happen. He always moans at me whenever I give him a lift saying I shouldn't have it on all the time as it wastes fuel.. nag nag nag. I never really noticed in the summer as I had it on all the time, I hate being hot when I drive! But now I'm using the heating it seems silly it being on...??

Thanks ladies and gents :) x

I don't know if this is the norm, but I've only just noticed that whenever I start my car the little light that says the air conditioning is on is always on regardless of whether it was turned off or on when I last used the car or not... If that makes any sense, I dunno. I'm tired! :blink:

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm sure in my Dad's old Focus this didn't happen. He always moans at me whenever I give him a lift saying I shouldn't have it on all the time as it wastes fuel.. nag nag nag. I never really noticed in the summer as I had it on all the time, I hate being hot when I drive! But now I'm using the heating it seems silly it being on...??

If the direction control is turned all the way to the right (windscreen) it'll always come on with aircon. Shift it back a single click and it won't come on automatically.

They do it because aircon is really good for de-misting the windows, and have obviously assumed that if you have the blowers pointed at the windscreen, that is what you wll be doing.

Ooohh I see! Well last night when I realised the light was on the control was on the windscreen. So you're probably correct! You clever thing. I'll check later today. Thanks very much :)

Mine has the auto climate control (which is rarely used) and, just occasionally, when I switch on the ignition I find that the climate control's turned itself on and set the temperature to 22 degrees with the air con running! This happens regardless of whichever setting the heater was left on when I turned off the ignition. Also find that the radio sometimes turns itself on (quite loudly!) at random as soon as I unlock the doors. All this reminds me of the film "Christine".....

If you have the fan turned on, then turn the A/C on, then turn the fan off. The next time you turn the fan on the A/C will come on again. You have to turn the A/C off before you turn the Fan off.

That sounded all right in my head, :unsure: I think I'll go and have a lie down. :D

coysht - You're a genius! Fabio is apparently normal in his AC-turning-on ways :) Thanks for your help!

andy64 - You might want to get hold of an exorcist to rid your car of it's apparent demons :blink: haha

coysht - You're a genius!

I'm not going to dispute that, but I'm just regurgitating someone else's info :P - I hadn't even realised that it did this until I read about it on this forum.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club