Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 ecoboost slight judder in first when pulling off

mikeyd1

Hi guys is this normal occasionally when pulling away in first I can feel like clutch judder very slight. Don't know if it's clutch or the way the engine vibration is clutch feels strong no slip. But it feels like tiny judder /slip but but revs don't raise when this happens so I just thought is characteristic of the car with dual mass flywheel. Is anyone else experiencing this?? Thankyou

I am experiencing this too.  It's even worse when you want to do a hill start or start even on a slight incline. When I had Ford look at it, they said it's characteristic of the 3 cylinder engine and that I needed to pull away with more revs. But this doesn't cure it either and will only wear the clutch faster.  It also feels more noticeable when the car has just restarted itself after the start/stop has restarted the engine.  And when idling, there's a bit of vibration after too a lot of the time.

I am entirely unconvinced by Ford's fob off, but as I have over 2 years of warranty left, and my report is now on their system, if it goes bang in that time I am pretty sure I can argue the toss.

And there's quite a lot of vibration when cruising too. 25mph in 3rd (which is roughly when it says change up) results in me getting vibration in the pedals, steering wheel and basically the whole car.  This is less noticeable though when I have just done a motorway journey and the car's completely warm.

Does this sound familiar?

And there are rattles all over the car too.  I have a Quality Street tin full of change that rattles less than my Fiesta.

• Like 1

Hey Gary,

You use third gear on a 3 cylinder at 25 mph? What is that in terms of revs ? 1400 barely ?

Some of your vibrations come from the fact that your car is outside the optimum rev range.

When my significant other would learn how to drive on her 3 cylinder 165 ecoboost Fiesta, the car would pretty much shake all over in third gear under 1500 rpm.

You need to adjust your driving a bit to eliminate vibrations from you making the engine labour. Testa bit driving at higher revs by giving it 500 more between every shift.

Once this is done, check for other vibrations.

That little squirt of fuel you save by driving how your display recommends will translate in pretty much money spent on other parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, GaryPL said:

I am experiencing this too.  It's even worse when you want to do a hill start or start even on a slight incline. When I had Ford look at it, they said it's characteristic of the 3 cylinder engine and that I needed to pull away with more revs. But this doesn't cure it either and will only wear the clutch faster.  It also feels more noticeable when the car has just restarted itself after the start/stop has restarted the engine.  And when idling, there's a bit of vibration after too a lot of the time.

I am entirely unconvinced by Ford's fob off, but as I have over 2 years of warranty left, and my report is now on their system, if it goes bang in that time I am pretty sure I can argue the toss.

And there's quite a lot of vibration when cruising too. 25mph in 3rd (which is roughly when it says change up) results in me getting vibration in the pedals, steering wheel and basically the whole car.  This is less noticeable though when I have just done a motorway journey and the car's completely warm.

Does this sound familiar?

And there are rattles all over the car too.  I have a Quality Street tin full of change that rattles less than my Fiesta.

Thanks Gary I just know ford will say it's characteristic of the car cause it's so minor. As u I did notice when I turn the car off and restart it's slightly worse. I always turn off my stop start it drives me nuts.

Mine is a 1.6 diesel 115 and feels the same too. I always switch off the start/stop too. Clutch feels strange and judders.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MaxDee said:

Mine is a 1.6 diesel 115 and feels the same too. I always switch off the start/stop too. Clutch feels strange and judders.

ive got the same car and mines exactly the same but if i turn traction control off it doesnt do the juddering.

• Like 2

Hmm might try turning off traction control if see if it still does it. Mine is only slight. Sometimes worse than others. It don't seem to really do from cold tho proberly to do with revs been slightly higher until the car warms up.

It went to fords yesterday and aparantly the car doesn't do it at all. Well at least it's logged in case needed in the future. I swear every u say say to these guys the answer always that's normal or that's a characteristic. It's never yes sir I believe u as it's ur car u would know it better than us.lol

• 2 weeks later...

Update this judder is driving me nuts it's still only slight but it's happening all the time pulling away in first. I'm going to book it back in, it's ruining the my experience with driving the car. 

This is more severe when reversing when lifting off clutch while reversing it judders bad it does not do it when reversing slowly slipping the clutch it's just when hitting the bitting point when lifting off the clutch while reversing if u know what I mean. This can't be normal can it???

Not normal, both my previous car or this one does not judder at all in any gear..

• Like 1

I got to take out the ford techie tomorrow so I'll let u know he sais 

Mine does this occasionally over the last few months, and I noticed it again last night pulling out from the work car park.  I just assumed the clutch is on its way out as the car is nearly 10 years old and 120,000 miles.

• Like 1

Thanks for input guys I need as much information as possible so ford don't fob me off

It's being booked in for new clutch and flywheel to be inspected

On 09/11/2016 at 5:49 PM, mikeyd1 said:

It went to fords yesterday and aparantly the car doesn't do it at all. Well at least it's logged in case needed in the future. I swear every u say say to these guys the answer always that's normal or that's a characteristic. It's never yes sir I believe u as it's ur car u would know it better than us.lol

I quite agree with you.

I took my focus in because the rear Speakers are very quiete,

The service manager said. come in and we will sit in your car and listen ourselves.

Very technical.

They said, thats normal.

I said please could you use the TSB software update for the audio system

They politely refused.

Jamie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, james_60 said:

I quite agree with you.

I took my focus in because the rear speakers are very quiete,

The service manager said. come in and we will sit in your car and listen ourselves.

Very technical.

They said, thats normal.

I said please could you use the TSB software update for the audio system

They politely refused.

Jamie

I know there's no talking to these people sometimes lucky enough the guy agreed with me today. He is a quite a nice guy the techi at my local fords. 

• Like 1

Update l.

picked up my car from ford today complete clutch kit installed old one had heat spots what was causing the judder. Car drives perfect now all done under warranty 

• Like 2

Rear engine mount too soft allowing engine and gearbox to move too much. Fit a stiffer one or an insert and problem should resolve

• Like 1

Ive booked into a Ford dealer. But they could only get me in just before Christmas because I asked for a courtesy car. Will report back.

I left them with a toilet roll long list of issues.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the car went in today and the guy at the desk balked at the length of my list of problems (with the car and not me!).  Especially when I presented them on a printed A4 sheet with links to videos and photos.  He said I may not get the car back today which I understand, but I was invited to call for an update in the afternoon.  Well I have been trying for an hour now and not one person is picking up the phone.

Given the drama I had buying the ***** car, I really am not impressed by Ford's dealers.  The words I want to use would get me banned from here.  And what's even worse is that I have taken the car to another dealer!  So the rot is apparently company-wide.

Replicated this post on another thread as coincidentally someone else posted with one of the same issues as me and I posted there too, although I will only be updating my own thread as it's wider than just this issue:

Besides the rattling noise i can't complain about my 1.5EB Focus.The rattling noise will not disappear even after the PCM update (my case) and it stays there even after chip modification (other guys report). My fathers 1.0EB is also in great condition even after 4 years of driving.

Good that you have resolved your clutch problem Mike.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club