Dorian Sora

I Can't find the Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor

Hi all,

I'm new still new to the forum but I've already learnt so much from all the people here sharing a crazy amount of information, so thank you for that!

I'm in need of some help, I've been having some issues with my Ford Focus CL(2000). It starts fine, begins to drive well but after a few miles the engine cuts out. I performed a diagnostic check and got an error code of P1299 (Cylinder head overtemperature protection active) but as far as I can tell there doesn't appear to be any over heating. I've purchased a new Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor but I can't find the location to change the part on the car. I've been looking behind the alternator but haven't see anything there. The Engine is a Zetec SE. Any information you can provide would be much appreciated.

All the best,

Dorian Sora 

i assume the temperature guage is reading normal and you have checked coolant level is fine.

(I have no idea where the sensor goes)

Hi isetta,

Yes, I've checked the coolant level which is just below max and is the appropriate colour, the temperature gauge is reading normal. :smile:

Hi iantt,

Thanks for the reply! I was under the impression that was called the coolant temperature sensor, Are they one in the same?

Thanks,