Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Lumpy Under Acceleration

A2D2

Hey you lot, I'm new to the forums, hopefully I can provide info as well as deal out the problems :)

I purchased a '99 Mk4 Fiesta about 8 months ago and gradually the lower end of the gears, when I need to accelerate mid to hard it feels as if the engine momentarilly cuts out for a few seconds then around the torque band it sorts itself out.

replaced the spark plugs a month or two ago and the problem ironed itself out for a while, but it has returned again! I bought some Redex for injected engines thinking its maybe a problem with the injector bank?

Question is, is it my driving style? Or am I missing something important?

Any questions just fire away.

Thanks in advance, will probably edit to add things I've forgot!

thinking about it if one went then it would be rough as you would have a cylinder down... so try the distributor cap, rotar arm inside.

I am taking a guess though.

Also check the lead from the coil to the distributor.

thinking about it if one went then it would be rough as you would have a cylinder down... so try the distributor cap, rotar arm inside.

I am taking a guess though.

Also check the lead from the coil to the distributor.

If its a zetec it will have a coil pack not distributor.

Report: Had a quick once over of the car with my car and all was fine until we started the car up. Dad was under de bonnet and said when a gave it some throttle there was a sort of swooshin, air escaping from a pipe noise. He thinks that might be the porblem for the lack of power under acceleration.

Needs looked at!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club