Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

WiFi signal booster/extenders.

jace1969

Which is the best and cheap one,to plug into the wall then plug ethernet cable in and WiFi out as my 1 bedroom is very low signal but i have a cable

running into there that i have to use,hope there just 'plug and play' as easy to set up,loads on eBay but don't know which one for my needs.

my bedroom is low signal so what i did is i bought a cheap 30m Ethernet cable then ran it up the stairs neatly can hardly notice it, had to pull up the carpet so i could hide it but get good connection now happy days. 

1 hour ago, AlexBartlam said:

my bedroom is low signal so what i did is i bought a cheap 30m Ethernet cable then ran it up the stairs neatly can hardly notice it, had to pull up the carpet so i could hide it but get good connection now happy days. 

This is what i have done but i have smart TV and phone and phone is just WiFi and have cable in tv by using a Ethernet double adapter.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

You need something like this-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192017223840

You'll have wired and wireless internet wherever you need it.

I use them in my house to run a CCTV system and they are excellent.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Do they do these in a dual channel (2.4 and 5) as i try to run off 5GHz as mine is also a AC router,i know 5GHz is less range but tried 2.4 and the same.

Are these any good http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coredy-E750-Mini-Wifi-Dual-Band-AC750-Range-Extender-Access-Point-Router-/201707244619?hash=item2ef6b04c4b:g:aKwAAOSwx2dYGlpD

Just seen them on eBay.

Also being a complete novice on this how does it work if i move out of the range say on my mobile,i can pick good signal all over

the house just the bedroom so is it just make sure the phone can connect to the one strongest signal say i go into the bedroom

it picks up the new Booster then out its my normal WiFi from rooter and a manual job on the phone.

......Update.........  Mate had one of these  TP-link the same one the link is on here and worked but very slow like 50mbps on wire and WiFi is 20mbps.

I can get this off 2G if i change phone to 2G off 5G and signal is very,very,very slightly better coming off 5G so not worth it so only thing is that t.v on

cable and laptop with WiFi /phone on 2G,did want to get 100mbps or above as im on 200mbps and always get 170 to 205mbps on cable and 160 and over on WiFi.

Power line adapters are the best way, most manufacturers do AV500/600 now so they better for streaming and gaming. I work in local computer shop and we sell bucket loads of these to help people with poor wireless signal, just aslong as your rooms are on the same consumer unit they will be fine 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club