Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Travel pilot FX FIRMWARE update needed

Rs2k

Hi all 

Does anyone have the ISO for the ENGLISH firmware for the travelpilot fx ?  I found an update yesterday and posts said it worked but the nav now speaks in German !  Everything else is in English though lol. 

Wife is going mental. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rs2k said:

Can't find the fx unit on there :( 

is it the maps update your after ??

1 hour ago, andypsp said:

is it the maps update your after ??

No, the actual units firmware - I have the maps and they work fine. But it's the actual unit that's speaking in German lol. 

The map and unit comes up in English writing though which is odd 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, andypsp said:

after doing a quick search around online it seems the updates are on the sd card that the maps are on and there only avalible from link below

http://www.navmapstore.com/category/1256/Ford_Focus_TravelPilot_FX_Update

I'm sure the firmware is usually installed from disc ? It's an ISO file 

9 hours ago, Rs2k said:

I'm sure the firmware is usually installed from disc ? It's an ISO file 

the cd comes with the maps card, click on the link i gave you above , select the 2015 maps and read the info it`s all there what you need matey.

Does no one Have the firmware cd they could post to me and I send back ?

• 2 years later...
On 11/9/2016 at 5:46 PM, Rs2k said:

Does no one Have the firmware cd they could post to me and I send back ?

I have

1 minute ago, alexanderf said:

I have

It is a ISO file

going via all the data in that post

a much later 2011 update 5.3 was the last, but needs maps from 2009 or newer (the polish site that has a link needs you to resister to get it... but of course no idea if the link is OK  allegedly fixed lots of bugs and brings lots of later features like 7 digit post code entry in the UK, TMC and a massive list of bug fixes

The following claims can either be fixed with the software service pack 5.1 or 5.3:

• Destination can not be entered using the seven-digit postcode (UK only)
• Resetting during operation,
• Navigations/Radiodates no longer appear on the repeater display (combination)
• Missing Audio/Voiceguidance after starting the engine
• Voice service can not be activated even after repeated pressing the PTT button
• Unit is in navigation mode for several minutes while the pop-up window appears <Navigation activated>
• Unit is in navigation mode for several minutes while the use of a disclaimer <The Zielführung...> is displayed and the button <OK> does not work
• Unit is on the lists for the target input / target selection,
• Stuck in the speech device operation for several minutes while the pop-up window appears <Sprachbetrieb aktiviert>,
• Unit is facing Tunnel Transit / Parking garage on over a long period, the message <No GPS>
• Occasionally, the function of <Ziel Map> not be used
• Volume can not be changed
• CD / AUX button does not work
• After starting the device displays only a blue screen
• Empty / grayed softkeys, although these would be activated
• Device hangs when running from a USB / iPod / Aux audio sources
• No iPod / USB device
• Pop-up window will <CD geprüft> appears after starting for a long time (> 2 min) on the display
• Only Kuga 2008.5 with camera - parking aid: If you want the reverse gear is quickly shown a picture of the area behind the vehicle
• Only Galaxy 2006.5 with keypad - Additional Air Conditioning: No operation of the air conditioning system
• Incorrect climate information in the status bar
• Personal settings (language, etc.) are lost
• Frequent resets in the operation
• Very short (<1 second) audio dropouts while playing music
• Deep and loud hum when playing audio sources (possibly only one channel),
• No navigation voice during telephone conversations

The following objections can be resolved only with the software service package 5.3:

• Reset the navigation system with high number of traffic messages (TMC)
• After engine start audio system is again a different station
• (S-MAX/Galaxy 2006.5, 2007.5 Mondeo): After engine start will not eject the CD.

The new SP 5.3 - V.1118 - 29.4.2010 is on the polish fordclub: http://forum.fordclu...ead.php?t=80658          

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 8:15 PM, Botus said:

going via all the data in that post

a much later 2011 update 5.3 was the last, but needs maps from 2009 or newer (the polish site that has a link needs you to resister to get it... but of course no idea if the link is OK  allegedly fixed lots of bugs and brings lots of later features like 7 digit post code entry in the UK, TMC and a massive list of bug fixes

The following claims can either be fixed with the software service pack 5.1 or 5.3:

• Destination can not be entered using the seven-digit postcode (UK only)
• Resetting during operation,
• Navigations/Radiodates no longer appear on the repeater display (combination)
• Missing Audio/Voiceguidance after starting the engine
• Voice service can not be activated even after repeated pressing the PTT button
• Unit is in navigation mode for several minutes while the pop-up window appears <Navigation activated>
• Unit is in navigation mode for several minutes while the use of a disclaimer <The Zielführung...> is displayed and the button <OK> does not work
• Unit is on the lists for the target input / target selection,
• Stuck in the speech device operation for several minutes while the pop-up window appears <Sprachbetrieb aktiviert>,
• Unit is facing Tunnel Transit / Parking garage on over a long period, the message <No GPS>
• Occasionally, the function of <Ziel Map> not be used
• Volume can not be changed
• CD / AUX button does not work
• After starting the device displays only a blue screen
• Empty / grayed softkeys, although these would be activated
• Device hangs when running from a USB / iPod / Aux audio sources
• No iPod / USB device
• Pop-up window will <CD geprüft> appears after starting for a long time (> 2 min) on the display
• Only Kuga 2008.5 with camera - parking aid: If you want the reverse gear is quickly shown a picture of the area behind the vehicle
• Only Galaxy 2006.5 with keypad - Additional Air Conditioning: No operation of the air conditioning system
• Incorrect climate information in the status bar
• Personal settings (language, etc.) are lost
• Frequent resets in the operation
• Very short (<1 second) audio dropouts while playing music
• Deep and loud hum when playing audio sources (possibly only one channel),
• No navigation voice during telephone conversations

The following objections can be resolved only with the software service package 5.3:

• Reset the navigation system with high number of traffic messages (TMC)
• After engine start audio system is again a different station
• (S-MAX/Galaxy 2006.5, 2007.5 Mondeo): After engine start will not eject the CD.

The new SP 5.3 - V.1118 - 29.4.2010 is on the polish fordclub: http://forum.fordclu...ead.php?t=80658          

This is for the NX isn't it? I too am searching for the update for the FX model. 

thanks

M

I have a service CD with 2016 firmware for the FX RNS Sat Navs, which came with a 2017 map sd card.

The file format is a CFG file which Iv`e not heard of but it updated my firmware.

If any one wants to borrow it please message me but I want it back.

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 2:30 PM, Davlock said:

I have a Service CD with 2016 firmware for the FX RNS Sat Navs, which came with a 2017 map sd card.

The file format is a CFG file which Iv`e not heard of but it updated my firmware.

Dave.

Hi Dave, I'm having bluetooth pairing issues, hoping a firmware update will fix / give the unit a kick up the a**! 

If you don't mind I would like to take you up on your offer of borrowing your disc? I will post back asap of course!

Thanks Bill

Hi Bill, 

The software version is 4.1  on the disc I have, apparently & when I installed it it updated the fx satnav to the version in the photo below.

To my knowledge this is the latest  software version, (information is hard to find), unless anyone has newer. Check yours 1st & if you still need it pm me your address.

Dave.

20190612_210001.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 4:30 PM, Davlock said:

I have a Service CD with 2016 firmware for the FX RNS Sat Navs, which came with a 2017 map sd card.

Dave.

Hello Dave!

Can you upload somewhere ISO file of this firmware CD?

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone, just bought a Focus with the travel pilot sat nav. I am after newer maps, can I just buy an sd card or do I have to update firmware? This is the sd card what’s in the unit now. Thanks in advance.

53AEA4CF-CD21-4A31-9E9B-6D862DD8989B.jpeg

34 minutes ago, keencyclist said:

This is the sd card what’s in the unit now.

53AEA4CF-CD21-4A31-9E9B-6D862DD8989B.jpeg

That SD card is a mere 13 years out of date. For the more up to date maps you need a new SD card.

4 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

That SD card is a mere 13 years out of date. For the more up to date maps you need a new SD card.

Thanks so would this be suitable I have seen on eBay? Thanks 

5FAFEFBD-B3CD-49BB-8B45-97B6E962FE65.jpeg

I've seen comments that the 4.1 firmware update from the fordcom link above makes the nav speak in german. Can anyone tell me if this is true? and if it can be changed back to english?