Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Battery Query

bezzawezza

I've a quick query on my car battery that I'd appreciate some advice on.

I've got a 61 Plate Focus which I was sat in yesterday with the engine switched off but the electrics left on. The radio was still on and the electric windows had been used and after 10 minutes or so the "battery low warning" came on. The car started okay and was used fine for the rest of the day.

This morning I put the battery tester in the cigarette lighter with the engine completely off and got a reading of 11.8v which jumped to 13.5v when I turned the engine on and let it tick over.

My question is, do I have anything to worry about? Are the readings okay and should the battery have lasted longer before the warning came on?

thanks in advance

Maybe your battery was low to start with.?

Thought with the engine running, the output should be 14.6v ? That's what mine reads with the engine running ! 

See what other people say ! 

5 hours ago, bezzawezza said:

I've a quick query on my car battery that I'd appreciate some advice on.

I've got a 61 Plate Focus which I was sat in yesterday with the engine switched off but the electrics left on. The radio was still on and the electric windows had been used and after 10 minutes or so the "battery low warning" came on. The car started okay and was used fine for the rest of the day.

This morning I put the battery tester in the cigarette lighter with the engine completely off and got a reading of 11.8v which jumped to 13.5v when I turned the engine on and let it tick over.

My question is, do I have anything to worry about? Are the readings okay and should the battery have lasted longer before the warning came on?

thanks in advance

think you`ll find it`s the remote battery that needs replaceing and not the car battery :smile:

you're battery voltage if that's correct is too low as said 14.4-14.6v is what you should have got especially as the voltage was low take it to the garage for a free battery test

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club