Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensors

lucas1787

Hi People, I have a 04 plate C-Max which has front and rear parking sensors.(Factory fit,I think).When I start the car,I have a constant beeping from the front and the only way to stop it,is to turn off the sensors.When Iam reversing,my rear ones beep from the rear Speakers,but because of this constant beeping from the front,I cant hear it.This doesnt always happean and would suggest a fault?.Has anyone had this or any ideas what it could be,before I take it into the garage for them to charge me £80,just to plug in the diagnostics!!.Great way to rob people.Thanks

ford use x-vision parking sensors, a constant bleeping usually points to a fault with one of the sensors. you could find the controlle box for the front and dissconnect the sensors one at a time to try and isolate the fault.

ford use x-vision parking sensors, a constant bleeping usually points to a fault with one of the sensors. you could find the controlle box for the front and dissconnect the sensors one at a time to try and isolate the fault.
Thanks for that,could you tell me where to find the control box and if i disconnect the fronts would the rears still work?

My very first step prior to the above would be to thoroughly clean the sensors - I find that when muddy mine beep all the time.

the front and rear senors should be on a seperate system as the fronts should have a kill switch on them to stop them going off in traffic, the best way to find the box for the front would be to follow the wires back from the sensors or the sounder as they could hide the box anywhere. the box should have a live, earth and the sensor wires leading into it.

the front and rear senors should be on a seperate system as the fronts should have a kill switch on them to stop them going off in traffic, the best way to find the box for the front would be to follow the wires back from the sensors or the sounder as they could hide the box anywhere. the box should have a live, earth and the sensor wires leading into it.

I have got a switch in the centre of the dash below the hazard switch.So what your saying is that the switch is just for stopping the fronts from going off and the rears will still work when reversing even with that switch turned off?.

if they are fitted correctley yes, the rear should get their power from the reverseing light circut so that when you select reverse gear the power goes to the controle box for the rears. the fronts should have perminant power but with a switch to kill this when travelling so that the sensors are not detecting the car infront when travelling, they only need to be switched on when parking. to check if they are fitted correctley switch off the front sensors and then select reverse and get somebody to wave a hand near the rear sensors to see if they are working.

if they are fitted correctley yes, the rear should get their power from the reverseing light circut so that when you select reverse gear the power goes to the controle box for the rears. the fronts should have perminant power but with a switch to kill this when travelling so that the sensors are not detecting the car infront when travelling, they only need to be switched on when parking. to check if they are fitted correctley switch off the front sensors and then select reverse and get somebody to wave a hand near the rear sensors to see if they are working.

I have just tried your suggestion and the rears for some reason dont work with the switch off and reverse selected.I put the switch back on and the rears worked,but I had this B----y constant beeping front the front, which is a lot louder than the rear sensors.So I take it,it must be coming from the front sensors.

sound like they used the power from the switch to power both sets of sensors, i would still try to find the front controle box.

I think you'll find that when both front and rear are fitted that it is just a single control unit

Just confirmed with my TIS disc that this is so

You need to remove the R/H loadspace trim panel

I think you'll find that when both front and rear are fitted that it is just a single control unit

Just confirmed with my TIS disc that this is so

You need to remove the R/H loadspace trim panel

I ended up taking to my Main dealer with this fault.It ended up being the two front inner sensors at fault.Iam now £215 lighter, but dont have any constant beeping. Thank you to those who gave me a reply to my questions. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club