Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 leaking boot

kathb

Here you go, big jock and limbo. Try and get it sorted soon as water ingress is only covered by warranty for a year.

will call tomo chief mine is 1 in march. anyone else had water in the rear light wiring? this is potentially a rather dangerous fault and i shall be highlighting it with the dealership.

here's some pics of my leak - water is coming in from top/centre of roof and running all the way down the sides of the car ending up as a collection where spare wheel is. roof and boot carpets have damp staining all over. this proplem will have been slowly getting worse from the minute the car hit the road. very poor show from ford i shall be emailing these pics to them and venting my disgust at there poor workmanship.

014.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

031.jpg

Mines got a leak aswell :(

Its going into the bodyshop on wednesday to get looked at, my warranty ran out last week but as I reported it before then they're still going to look at it?

The carpet was soaked in the rear drivers side and when I lifted the carpet, theres about an inch of water in the spare wheel well!

Im not holding up much hope for it getting fixed though after reading through some posts. My fiesta went into the garage a few weeks ago to have the rear lights replaced due to a build up of condenstion. Does anybody think this is related?

Mines got a leak aswell :(

Its going into the bodyshop on wednesday to get looked at, my warranty ran out last week but as I reported it before then they're still going to look at it?

The carpet was soaked in the rear drivers side and when I lifted the carpet, theres about an inch of water in the spare wheel well!

Im not holding up much hope for it getting fixed though after reading through some posts. My fiesta went into the garage a few weeks ago to have the rear lights replaced due to a build up of condensation. Does anybody think this is related?

not sure as the light cluster should be sealed. i have very bad condensation in my zafira's rear lights and they will only replace them if within first year of warranty (mine ain't). are you getting a courtesy car when yours goes in?

Not good that so many people have water leaks. Ive said this on here before but although the Fiesta looks bang up to date, the build quality is nothing short of terrible. It doesnt help that in general the aftersales service from Ford is equally poor.

well thats mine booked in for 3days next week, when i challenged them about the number of cars that seem to be troubled by this (and no recall) he said thats the problem with forums! lol

Here you go, big jock and limbo. Try and get it sorted soon as water ingress is only covered by warranty for a year.

Thanks for this, booked mine in through ford head office. told out of warranty by 9 days but will look at as goodwill. Sent letter cc bbc watchdog now can't do enough for me let you know how i get on. In dealership at moment took in day after letter recieved.

when i phoned about mine the chap asked how long it had been leaking for, i promptly told him from the day of production given the extent of the dried water marks on the roof and boot carpets lol! im gonna ask that they fit a full dress up kit as a measure of good will. lol

All these leaking boots are making me paranoid. Now every week I am checking my car to make sure it hasn't started leaking.

Considering the weather, and that I have done 20,000 miles, I might have expected it to have started leaking by now, but it is still bone dry.

My car was built 20th May. Are all of the leaking cars made before this time? or are there any newer cars that have developed this leak?

All these leaking boots are making me paranoid. Now every week I am checking my car to make sure it hasn't started leaking.

Considering the weather, and that I have done 20,000 miles, I might have expected it to have started leaking by now, but it is still bone dry.

My car was built 20th May. Are all of the leaking cars made before this time? or are there any newer cars that have developed this leak?

mine was built sept 08 and registered 5th january 09, oops lets hope the dealer doesn't realise this after i told him the car's under a year old thus covered by the water warranty!

And are the leaking cars Cologne-built (GA as 7th and 8th characters in VIN) or Valencia-built (WP) or from both assembly plants?

Mine doesn't leak (so far) and was built in Valencia on 25th May.

Mine was built on 01/11/2008 at Cologne, it did have a leak. Looking like it could be early build models but my leak appears to be in a different place from big-jock's.

I only found out by chance that I had a leak when I took the spare wheel out after a puncture! There was mould on the underside of the boot carpet and it solved the problem as to why the inside of the windows were always covered in condensation.

mine was built sept 08 and registered 5th january 09, oops lets hope the dealer doesn't realise this after i told him the car's under a year old thus covered by the water warranty!
Yeah, lets hope so bigjock :)
And are the leaking cars Cologne-built (GA as 7th and 8th characters in VIN) or Valencia-built (WP) or from both assembly plants?

Mine doesn't leak (so far) and was built in Valencia on 25th May.

Mine was Cologne built on 20th May, Picked up mid-June
Mine was built on 01/11/2008 at Cologne, it did have a leak. Looking like it could be early build models but my leak appears to be in a different place from big-jock's.

I only found out by chance that I had a leak when I took the spare wheel out after a puncture! There was mould on the underside of the boot carpet and it solved the problem as to why the inside of the windows were always covered in condensation.

I am hoping that it is early build models... Just to be sure though I inspect the carpets and head-lining weekly and stick my hand down the wheel well lol. No water at all, anywhere. And no condensation issue.......

........yet................

mine was a Niehl Plant Built !Removed! germans at it again!

why the inside of the windows were always covered in condensation.

guess i need to check mine, tend to get steamed up windows inside but if i put the climate control blower on for the screen it is gone in seconds, does yours take a long time to get rid of the misting inside???

Yeah, lets hope so bigjock :)

Mine was Cologne built on 20th May, Picked up mid-June

I am hoping that it is early build models... Just to be sure though I inspect the carpets and head-lining weekly and stick my hand down the wheel well lol. No water at all, anywhere. And no condensation issue.......

........yet................

Guys my is a Dec 2008 car Cologne build, spoke with the dealer today, he now has four vechicles in the workshop with boot leaks and cannot seem to solve the issues?

Will Keep you informed.

Well, its been in, (and I didnt receive a courtesy car, surprise surprise!), once I mentioned that my rear lights had been replced due to condensation the mechanics immediately pounced on to this! Apparently they felt that water may be coming in behind the rear lights and so applied some sealant.

Apparently it was on the water test for over an hour and seems ok, but you can never really tell until its been on the road for a few wet days! So I'l see how it goes.....

Not holding my breath though!

So far I've owned my ford for 2 months and its been in the garage 4 times! For....

-Replacing condensed rear lights

-Brake hose vac replacement and ecu update

-Blown fuse on wipers

-Rear boot leak

Cheers Ford........

Oh yeah so it is!! How odd, would have thought that they would have exactly the same range as over here seeing as they are the only other country that needs LHD in europe...

That's not true, Cyprus is LHD and if not mistaken so is Malta? And the range in Cyprus is different as well, here we get Titanium only in 1.6, true, yet also only in 5-door while the 3-doors are only Zetec S models (called Sport here) or commercial van versions. Also Titanium and Zetec-S specifications are somewhat different from UK versions - for example we don't get Ford Start as standard yet the Sport/Zetec-S model is available in all colors minus Hot Magenta ;)

well its finally in for fixing they flagged up that it was a week out of warranty but i told them they can away n !Removed! if they think I'm paying for it to be fixed. i now have a gorgeous split new kia picannto (30miles on clock) id like to say its sat on drive but I'm to embarrassed to be associated with it so i dumped it round the corner! its the only car iv ever driver without central locking, rev counter or an adjust stable seat (just as well they got the driving position spot on)! oh well its all mine for 4days so better get my shopping ordered for delivery as i ain't going to be seen anywhere in this! lol

well apparently they have fixed mine in under a day, the wife is away to collect so not had a chance to see whats been done. surely they cant have water tested it and dried it all out in this time, the car only went in yest after lunch! no charge to me tho for all others out with warranty's.

Well my car has been in for a week and told to collect today, arrived and was told that the car was being valeted will be 1 hour. Given key no charge and drove home, opened boot and guess what FULL OF WATER!, Turned around and took it back waiting for ford head office to contact me with an answer.

Well my car has been in for a week and told to collect today, arrived and was told that the car was being valeted will be 1 hour. Given key no charge and drove home, opened boot and guess what FULL OF WATER!, Turned around and took it back waiting for ford head office to contact me with an answer.

thats !Removed! shocking, oh well if yours has been in a week and still fecked then there's little chance mine's sound after 1 day! cant wait to check mine now lol

Terrible, obviously your dealer has been given the same training as mine! My car was in three times for this problem in my first year of ownership. Each time they claimed that they had fixed it but after a couple of months, the boot was full of water again.

They had still not fixed it a year on (November 09) and by this point it was out of warranty. I decided to have a meeting with the service manager who pretended not to remember me or the car. I found him very patronising because I am a relatively young driver. He told me that I had to prove that they had not fixed the leak and he fobbed me off by telling me to go elsewhere. That is exactly what I did, the car was in another Ford dealer for three days and was fixed under warranty. I should have went there in the first place! Needless to say, when I fill in my questionairre from Ford, the original dealer wont be getting a good review to say the least.

well apparently they have fixed mine in under a day, the wife is away to collect so not had a chance to see whats been done. surely they cant have water tested it and dried it all out in this time, the car only went in yest after lunch! no charge to me tho for all others out with warranty's.

I would be very suprised if they have done a thorough job in that time.

When my car was in for the final time, I went up to the dealer each day for a nosey to see exactly what they were doing. My car had not moved from where I had parked it in the whole time it was there. All that I could see was that they had folded the boot carpet up to let it dry out. Not exactly solving the problem, and this proved to be the case.

I would be very suprised if they have done a thorough job in that time.

When my car was in for the final time, I went up to the dealer each day for a nosey to see exactly what they were doing. My car had not moved from where I had parked it in the whole time it was there. All that I could see was that they had folded the boot carpet up to let it dry out. Not exactly solving the problem, and this proved to be the case.

My dealer said it was the rubber stoppers each side of the boot when water tested with high pressure hose they leaked, but when the car stands still its fine, if it has rained or the car is valeted as soon as you pull away the water appears from somewhere? must collect then on movement pours into the spare wheel well.