Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 leaking boot

kathb

I've got a Fiesta Mk7 just before the facelift one I seem to have water in the spare wheel area and sealed the holes where Ford has put the tape. On further inspection I felt both rear corners on my roof lining was wet and mold spots have started to appear I've taken the roof lining down and seems to be a large amount of mold under the wiring grommets so don't think its holding its seal but the whole top of my roof once I got the roof lining down is wet is this common or from the wiring grommets? received_861193478003619.thumb.jpeg.9a416ea45d75ffc17bd3e643e3386cfd.jpeg

Guess the water propagation will depend on the angle the cars parked at, Take out both roof external rubber seals, inspect the trough they fit in for cracked and gaps in the sealant. Check the wiring boots arent cracked and are fitted correctly.. My roof lining was dry even though the water was coming in at the rear of the roof panel..I'll try to get a picture of mine later..my car ended up with soaking wet carpets front and rear and water in the spare wheel well...ALL OF THAT FROM A HOLE THE SIZE OF A LENTIL IN THE SEALANT

Guess the water propagation will depend on the angle the cars parked at, Take out both roof external rubber seals, inspect the trough they fit in for cracked and gaps in the sealant. Check the wiring boots arent cracked and are fitted correctly.. My roof lining was dry even though the water was coming in at the rear of the roof panel..I'll try to get a picture of mine later..my car ended up with soaking wet carpets front and rear and water in the spare wheel well...ALL OF THAT FROM A HOLE THE SIZE OF A LENTIL IN THE SEALANT

See my car was wet mainly on the boots spare wheel well and then the rear carpet was wet when I pulled the mats out even though I've had no one in the car for months now.

Yeah I forgot mention but I did a water test and the water was running off the wire harnesses and that but I sealed them now with tigerseal (not the best of jobs to be honest but its sealed) I did a water test and was bone dry after but the upper area inside the car chassis where the harnesses come through was like proper wet unlike the roof further down on the inside of the car (I can only assume its condensation further down because how thin the metal is) but would need to look further into it. Just this is so annoying and one of the worst times to do it with all the rain and snow we've been getting.

received_416603906118691.jpeg

received_893732184720212.jpeg

• 1 month later...

hi dovski, thanks for your work in this. to confirm, having exact issue. im not clear whether you mean the rubber roof seal rail needs pulled back and resealed? i have pulled up 3 inch from the aft end of the seal and no sign of any hole or crack? maybe i misunderstood- did you mean seal the joins where all the metal panels meet? ive done that and awaiting curing so i can do another water test.

I had a minor leak in my 2015’s spare wheel area

i bought some quality clear sealant and inserted the nozzle under the roof rails on both sides and pumped some sealant there

i then followed the bodywork  ‘join’’ line downwards towards the top of the boot opening- I’m pretty sure this has cured my problem 

Where the panels join although it looked ok some pain was just flaking  slightly 

ECDC664D-35F5-480F-89B4-C330B7DF3179.jpeg

B76FF556-2BC0-46BA-97B7-54E2E690DE28.jpeg

thanks paul. ive tore the rail off carefully to 1/2 way and resealedboth sides. curing now

Did the mk7 not have predrilled holes below the rails for Fords own roof rack 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club