Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tyre monitoring system

JamboChris

Hi,

I have a July 2014 Focus 1L ecoboost, had it for 6 months.

I've just put my Winter steel wheels/tyres on and now I'm getting a "tyre monitoring system malfunction warning" The pressures are correct, the malfunction warning has been reset by resetting the pressure on the dashboard but it comes back after a few miles. It is not a tyre pressure warning but a system malfunction warning.

Looking at my 18" Summer wheels/tyres, the valves look like normal rubber valves not chunky so I thought the pressure monitoring system is based on the ABS and not a sensor in the wheel.

Ford Etis says, " Tyre Pressure Sensors - 433 MH"

Does anyone know for definite if my Summer wheels have sensors in them? If thats the case then I'll need to get them fitted to my Winter wheels.

Thanks,

Chris

2014 should be sensors in each wheel, and they have rubbrr valves. recheck your summer valves and feel or look for a single ridge around rubber valve , if ridge then deffinatly sensors attatched to them

• Like 1

The TPMS is malfunctioning because the monitoring valves are in the other set of wheels which ain't on the car providing that you changed your wheels

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamboChris said:

Hi,

I have a July 2014 Focus 1L ecoboost, had it for 6 months.

I've just put my Winter steel wheels/tyres on and now I'm getting a "tyre monitoring system malfunction warning" The pressures are correct, the malfunction warning has been reset by resetting the pressure on the dashboard but it comes back after a few miles. It is not a tyre pressure warning but a system malfunction warning.

Looking at my 18" Summer wheels/tyres, the valves look like normal rubber valves not chunky so I thought the pressure monitoring system is based on the ABS and not a sensor in the wheel.

Ford Etis says, " Tyre Pressure Sensors - 433 MH"

Does anyone know for definite if my Summer wheels have sensors in them? If thats the case then I'll need to get them fitted to my Winter wheels.

Thanks,

Chris

Yes, its a standard feature now because they are a requirement for all new cars to have. 

http://www.techeurope.co.uk/tech/news/view/35/European-legislation-on-TPMS-imminent

• Like 1

Thanks for all your replies.

Any ideas how much it would cost at Ford to get the correct valves attached to my Winter steel wheels?

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

around£20 each, have a live chat with http://www.fordpartsuk.com and they will price up acording to your exact vehicle

Less than £200 including fitting do you think?

should be, not exactly difficult to fit, any competent tyre fitting bay can fit them 

2 hours ago, iantt said:

should be, not exactly difficult to fit, any competent tyre fitting bay can fit them 

Thanks again,

hopefully my final question. Do the new new tyre monitors need coding to the car or will it just work?

they can be coded but they are supposed to be also self learning. basicaly fit tge wheels, ign on, reset tps, ign off, leave for 20 mins, then take to a drive. something like that. this info was from@jw1982. i have fitted single sensors , i just reset and drove for 5 mins . worked fine.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club