Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help locating Aerial Amplifier Module

yellowbooth

Hi All

I have just purchased a Mondeo mark 4.5 Estate and am replacing the standard 6000 CD with a Sony DAB stereo. There are two FAKRA leads (white and black) going to the back of the stereo, one of which apparently is linked to a red box which is an Amplified AM/FM module. In the hatchback, this should one of two aerial modules located inside the top of the hatchback door, however, I have removed the top inside panel of the estate door and there are no modules there.. just an extra braking light.

Can anyone tell me where to find this module?

Many thanks in advance!

I want to do the same 

i just want  to know how easy this is to do 

Hi Chucky

How easy to change the stereo or aerial amp module?

I mean I got the same stereo 6000cd I want to change it to a dab one just wondering it is easy to do just a  straight swap 

or is that ne thing major I need to do 

To go from standard FM to DAB you need a DAB aerial & base and DAB aerial loom.

If you look at my guides (link visible under posts when viewed on a PC), there is one for fitting DAB to a Focus.

Not exactly the same set up on a Mondeo but should give you some pointers.

Sent from my SM-G930F

There seem to be different connections on the back of the Sony stereos - some have 2 fakra (like mine) and some have 1 fakra and 1 of the standard aerial connector. So.. I found one with the same connections and switching the actual unit was easy. 

Regarding the aerial, the Mondeo doesn't have an external aerial so the Focus guide isn't applicable. What you need to do is locate the aerial amplifier which in the Mondeo Hatchback should be located at the top inside of the boot trim. You can then simply swap the FM/AM amp (7CP1-18C847-EA)  for an FM/AM/DAB amp (7CP1-18C847-HA) which you can buy for about £35.

So.. providing you can find the red box... it is a very simple job! I must say I didn't realise how small the box was so I intend taking the boot apart again in the hope I just didn't see if due to its small size!

Good luck :)

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 11/11/2016 at 11:29 PM, yellowbooth said:

There seem to be different connections on the back of the Sony stereos - some have 2 fakra (like mine) and some have 1 fakra and 1 of the standard aerial connector. So.. I found one with the same connections and switching the actual unit was easy. 

Regarding the aerial, the Mondeo doesn't have an external aerial so the Focus guide isn't applicable. What you need to do is locate the aerial amplifier which in the Mondeo Hatchback should be located at the top inside of the boot trim. You can then simply swap the FM/AM amp (7CP1-18C847-EA)  for an FM/AM/DAB amp (7CP1-18C847-HA) which you can buy for about £35.

So.. providing you can find the red box... it is a very simple job! I must say I didn't realise how small the box was so I intend taking the boot apart again in the hope I just didn't see if due to its small size!

Good luck 🙂

I am struggling to understand why my Mondeo has two Fakra cables . Where do they go , are there two antennas , or are they connected to one module?

17 hours ago, 90Ninety said:

I am struggling to understand why my Mondeo has two Fakra cables . Where do they go , are there two antennas , or are they connected to one module?

Did you car come from the factory with the basic DAB head unit?  (I think the factory fit DAB might has 2 internal antennas)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 4:34 PM, 1979Damian said:

Did you car come from the factory with the basic DAB head unit?  (I think the factory fit DAB might has 2 internal antennas)

No, just a regular CD6000 , though must say the signal was very good on FM . I understand now  it is a diversity antenna . However I am thinking of either joining the two , and replacing one of the modules in the boot lid for a DAB version . Just not 100% on wiring it ( joining or disconnecting the second antenna from the main ) 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club