Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another MK5 mod topic

chiefjonny

OK after two weeks I'm quickly realising that I may be needing that rear view camera after all....... dark Scottish nights and privacy glass is no the wisest idea, car is fully loaded but I'm wondering if it's just plug and play on the MK5.

Read a couple of Russian links on the tinternet that looks like it's just finding the right connector and it just magically appears on sync 2.

Canny be that simple anyone done it if so where do I purchase a camera ??? or should I stop being a w### and learn to reverse !!!!

I am keen to do this too but was told there was more to it so stopped looking. Not sure how reliable my source was though! Same here with the privacy glass and Scottish darkness which to be fair is all through the day too! Where are you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cmon guys learn to reverse:smile:, seriously I know what you mean about the nights and the privacy glass, actually I've got window film and it's darker than the tint, I got some brighter reversing lamp bulbs, made a huge difference.

• Like 1

I have a darker than factory tint on mine too. I was thinking of buying some brighter bulbs, CREE ones. Are the reverse lamps monitored by the CANBUS system?

In the winter I think I will employ a 'banksman' lol

• Like 1

I too am looking for a plug and play system to integrate in to the sync 2 system. I have fitted a standalone system for reversing in my cars before however since my mondeo has a massive tft monitor, id really like to use that.

I have found this > http://www.carcommunications.co.uk/car-accessories/driver-safety-aids/reversing-camera-kits/ford-reverse-camera/ford-mondeo-reverse-camera/ford-reversing-rear-view-camera-kit

However I am completely unsure of their reliability and the reliability of their system. It appears to be similar to the lockpick system available in the US however I do not want a 3rd party operating system on my SYNC2 like I have seen available on a few RUS sites. Can we go to ford and have them fit it like they would for a factory vehicle? Does anyone know how much this would be compared with doing it ourselves?

Cheers

On 08/11/2016 at 6:06 PM, Jonro2009 said:

I have a darker than factory tint on mine too. I was thinking of buying some brighter bulbs, CREE ones. Are the reverse lamps monitored by the CANBUS system?

In the winter I think I will employ a 'banksman' lol

Not sure about the canbus but I just got some no canbus error LEDs 

• Like 1

I fitted LED reverse lights a couple of years ago (Cree SMD but the rest of the fitting/unit wasn't Cree) it makes a massive difference when reversing (my MK2 Focus is a saloon so reversing in the dark can sometimes prove a little 'interesting').

Several Mondeo owners on the forum have previous stated they've replaced their reversing lights with LED without issue, although I'm not sure exactly what brand bulb they bought because some LED car bulb have a resistor integrated within the housing the minimise the chance of issues such as flickering on cars that use a CANBUS for the external lights.

LED Reverse Lights.jpg

On 07/11/2016 at 11:09 PM, Jonro2009 said:

I am keen to do this too but was told there was more to it so stopped looking. Not sure how reliable my source was though! Same here with the privacy glass and Scottish darkness which to be fair is all through the day too! Where are you?

Dundee buddy you??

On 08/11/2016 at 5:57 PM, pragmatix said:

Cmon guys learn to reverse:smile:, seriously I know what you mean about the nights and the privacy glass, actually I've got window film and it's darker than the tint, I got some brighter reversing lamp bulbs, made a huge difference.

the mondo estate has big ol shoulders oan it 

Dundee buddy you??

I'm just north of Inverness pal

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Dundee buddy you??

I'm just north of Inverness pal

Work for the hydro.....like it up that way :-)

It's a nice place to live, most of the time [emoji12]

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club