Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windows

sloopy

My Nephew's Puma, an R reg, 1.7, petrol, manual, has a really, really annoying problem.

The electric windows switch which operates both windows ceases to work on a regular basis.

Replacing the button-switch has always cured the problem, along with a new 30 amp fuse.

My nephew is very heavy-handed and so the push switch always gets broken.

THIS TIME, replacing the switch hasn't worked.

What is there at the present is a blue-block connector, that goes into one recoeptor on the underside of the switch, and then 4 spade terminals which fit into the other receptor.

These spade connectors carry 4 wires- White, Double Orange, Yellow and Black.

The 4 terminals inside the receptors are numbered, 1 , 2 and 3 on the top row, and 7 on the bottom.

Question 1 is:

What is the correct wire-colour sequence for the spade terminals?

Question 2 is:

As the blue-block seems to be Iffy, is it possible to extract the wires from the blue-block, attach spade terminals to the wires,and connect them to the receptor terminals, thus getting rid of the Iffy blue-block?

Question 3 is:

Is there a different fault altogether, causing the non operation?

I do so hope you can help.

Best wishes

Edited by DanGull
Retitled - not sure what this has to do with Windows 7 and I see I'm not alone...

• 3 months later...

My Nephew's Puma, an R reg, 1.7, petrol, manual, has a really, really annoying problem.

The electric windows switch which operates both windows ceases to work on a regular basis.

Replacing the button-switch has always cured the problem, along with a new 30 amp fuse.

My nephew is very heavy-handed and so the push switch always gets broken.

THIS TIME, replacing the switch hasn't worked.

What is there at the present is a blue-block connector, that goes into one recoeptor on the underside of the switch, and then 4 spade terminals which fit into the other receptor.

These spade connectors carry 4 wires- White, Double Orange, Yellow and Black.

The 4 terminals inside the receptors are numbered, 1 , 2 and 3 on the top row, and 7 on the bottom.

Question 1 is:

What is the correct wire-colour sequence for the spade terminals?

Question 2 is:

As the blue-block seems to be Iffy, is it possible to extract the wires from the blue-block, attach spade terminals to the wires,and connect them to the receptor terminals, thus getting rid of the Iffy blue-block?

Question 3 is:

Is there a different fault altogether, causing the non operation?

I do so hope you can help.

Best wishes

ive no idea but when i have these wiring issues i tend to go to a scrapyard and have a look i think i would cut the block off another puma with wiring attatched a good 2 inches should do it then solder it to the original wires and use heatshrink on it to protect the wiring

You may wish to update the thread title - I was expecting something a little different ... !

You may wish to update the thread title - I was expecting something a little different ... !

I too noticed this earlier but thought i would let it go unnoticed in case i was being slightly daft and it was correct :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club