Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which SD card for sat nav?

janekins

Hello

I have recently bought a 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 TDCI Titanium. 

When I went to use the Sat Nav there was nowhere on the touchscreen to put in the required postcode. The SD card is an F3. I am assuming this is not the right one for the car as it is a 2015 model. When I went back to the garage today they said this was the SD card that with the car. 

Do the numbers on the SD cards refer to the car model year - i.e  F3 - 2013, F4 - 2014, F5 - 2015 etc?

Should I therefore be buying an F5 SD card or is there a 2016 updated card that would work in a 2015 focus?

Please could any members advise me on this and also would I be able to get this on eBay.

Many thanks

Jane

Currently the F5 SD-card is the latest available for the SYNC 2 system. This SD-card was released in 2016.

F3 = 2014

F4 = 2015

F5 = 2016

New maps are released every Year. The F6 SD-card is expected to be released about March next Year.

• Like 3

I believe the F3 card the one that was recalled due to the postcode issue - suggest you go back to the dealer and tell them there was a recall on the car to fix the postcode issue - if they refuse, try contacting Ford directly about it.

If all else fails, the F5 cards turn up on eBay around £25 to £30 - here's one for £23.99 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-SD-SAT-NAV-CARD-F5-GM5T-19H449-FA-/262703504239?hash=item3d2a595b6f:g:4JUAAOSwImRYG3I2

• Like 1

when you say nowhere to put correct postcode, do youmean the post code would be accepted or no postcode option comes up, if the later then it is there , just hidden. been a long time since ive played with sync2 , but im sure you have to tap the city icon and postcodes input is available, perhaps someone with sync2 can confirm@stoney871 ?

• Like 1

When you go to enter a destination the postcode option should be available as standard.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

When you go to enter a destination the postcode option should be available as standard.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Hi Stoney

I've looked again and clicked on the destination and the postcode section has come up. 

Thanks for your help

Jane

Edited by janekins

5 hours ago, iantt said:

when you say nowhere to put correct postcode, do youmean the post code would be accepted or no postcode option comes up, if the later then it is there , just hidden. been a long time since ive played with sync2 , but im sure you have to tap the city icon and postcodes input is available, perhaps someone with sync2 can confirm@stoney871 ?

Thanks iantt

Did as you suggested and the postcode section was there

Many thanks

Jane

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Currently the F5 SD-card is the latest available for the SYNC 2 system. This SD-card was released in 2016.

F3 = 2014

F4 = 2015

F5 = 2016

New maps are released every Year. The F6 SD-card is expected to be released about March next Year.

Thanks JW1982

So can I just confirm that if I want to change the F3 card, I can use any of the updated cards  - F4, F5 or the F6 when it is released, for my 2015 Focus? 

I won't be limited to the F4 because of the year of manufacture?

Thanks

Jane

you can buy and put in f5 now or wait until next release around march as jw1982 mentioned.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I've just update my F3 maps to F5 maps on a 2015 Ford Focus, all thanks to E-bay

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The part number on my SD card is GM5T-19H449-FA and it is update F5. I am looking to update to F6, but all the part numbers on eBay for F6 are HM5T-19H449-FA and say they are for the US Sony models of the system. Has anyone used the HM5Tcard to replace their GM5T card and did it work OK? Being quoted £232 from the Ford dealer for an updated card. 

That is the correct F6 card.
As long as it says Europe on it you're fine.
I upgraded to the F6, my radio seemed to go screwy for a few minutes but was only updating nav software then rebooted.
All works perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers for the link, taken the plunge. 

Probably a daft question but is there any changes / improvements other than the maps themselves? IE speed cameras or software features? 

Mapping and camera locations are up to date for mid 2016 and some 3D landmarks now show up (similar to but not as propagated as per the Sync3 3D landmarks).
I personally think that F6 is s bit more accurate and also offers more routing preferences.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Be careful, there is a flaw in the software of these cards, Ford are blaming the SD card for the error but as yet have not divulged who the makers of the cards is.

On 12/2/2018 at 12:47 PM, Howard 2 said:

Be careful, there is a flaw in the software of these cards, Ford are blaming the SD card for the error but as yet have not divulged who the makers of the cards is.

And you just bumped a very old topic for no reason. Welcome to the forum!

• Haha 1

Hello
I have recently bought a 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 TDCI Titanium. 
When I went to use the Sat Nav there was nowhere on the touchscreen to put in the required postcode. The SD card is an F3. I am assuming this is not the right one for the car as it is a 2015 model. When I went back to the garage today they said this was the SD card that with the car. 
Do the numbers on the SD cards refer to the car model year - i.e  F3 - 2013, F4 - 2014, F5 - 2015 etc?
Should I therefore be buying an F5 SD card or is there a 2016 updated card that would work in a 2015 focus?
Please could any members advise me on this and also would I be able to get this on ebay.

Many thanks
Jane

I got a f7 card off eBay & it works fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used a Sandisk 64GB microSD that I picked up from amazon for around £11.  Just stuck the F7 maps on it today.  Seems to be working fine.

I got a f7 card off eBay & it works fine

This what I got 352482167088 on eBay

I have a December 2012 Titanium x Focus, and would like to update my Satnav. Which SD card should I get?

I have a December 2012 Titanium x Focus, and would like to update my Satnav. Which SD card should I get?

Do you have sync 2 if so just input f7 ford maps on eBay