Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which SD card for sat nav?

janekins

• 4 weeks later...

Received my V8 sd card today and put it in my sat nav but it just asks me foe an sd card any ideas am I not doing something right?

21 minutes ago, Col66 said:

Received my V8 sd card today and put it in my sat nav but it just asks me foe an sd card any ideas am I not doing something right?

think you may need the f- sd card for your car but i`m not 100% sure as no sat-nat in my car to confirm that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col66 said:

Where did you get it from, lots of fake ones on eBay

Does the old card still work? 

Tried it again today and it loaded ok. I did get the card off eBay.

Tried it again today and it loaded ok. I did get the card off ebay.

Ok that’s great news that you got it working . So I will now put kettle on & cream cake & you won’t have a excuse off where to go [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Can we copy the sat nav data to a blank sd card or have to buy ford branded card?

you cant just copy the data, the Key is tied to the SD cards serial, so you need to do some jiggery pokery to get your new copy working. or just get it off eBay

• 8 months later...

Hi there, Ive bought the 2011 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi sport (mk2) back in 1st march 2019. I haven't been getting the sat nav working and i've been trying to find the right SD card for it and im quite unsure if i need to go on a website to get the updates.

Regards

• 7 months later...

My dad has a 2011 Ford Focus and the Sat Nav needs updating. There is an SD card that just pops out. 

What is the cheapest way to get the SD card updated?  Do I have to download an update to the SD card he already has or buy a new one?  

Thanks for any info .

Lynn 

You'll need to by a new updated sd card with the 2019/2020 maps on. eBay has loads i've never had a problem with them. Expect to pay around £20. You'll just need to check what the current version is by looking at your old sd card

• 10 months later...

I have a 2014 Ford Focus what SD card can I use in it please 

3 hours ago, Simonparry said:

I have a 2014 Ford Focus what SD card can I use in it please 

What sync version does your focus have?

• 2 years later...

I am buying an October 2014 1.0 Ford focus titanium. I am not sure if it is Sync 1 or 2 as there is no SD card for the sat nav. I have been looking and it’s a bit confusing as some say the F11 is the correct one and some say not for my car as they work from models Dec 2014? Just want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks for your help. 

You can easily identify the audio audio/satnav system based on screen size and type.

The Ford/Bosch MFD satnav system (Bluetooth/Voicecontrol or SYNC 1/1.1) uses a 5 Inch full color non touch screen with an integrated SD-slot. The MFD satnav system uses the V- SD-cards.

V12 was released in 2022 and is the latest available version for the MFD satnav system. Since then the support for the MFD system has stopped and Ford announced that no further map updates will be released.

The SYNC 2 satnav system uses an 8 Inch touch screen with an external SD-slot inside the armrest. The SYNC 2 satnav system uses the F- SD-cards.

F11 was released in 2023 and is the latest available version for the SYNC 2 satnav system.