Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel tank sloshing

DANSAR

Does anyone else have a noisy fuel tank? We didn't notice it until we filled it up to full and drove without the radio on or 3 childen in the back! Between full and 3/4 of a tank it's like being at sea.

We took it back to the dealer who agreed it was unacceptable for a nearly 40k car, but ford say "the vehicle is working to designs intent"

yep , they do sound noisey with the fuel sloshing, you can hear it because of how quiet the inside of cabin is , low road noise, wind noise and engine noise. 

Yes noted this myself, more so with 3/4 full tank, and braking, !!!!

13 hours ago, DANSAR said:

Does anyone else have a noisy fuel tank? We didn't notice it until we filled it up to full and drove without the radio on or 3 childen in the back! Between full and 3/4 of a tank it's like being at sea.

We took it back to the dealer who agreed it was unacceptable for a nearly 40k car, but ford say "the vehicle is working to designs intent"

They do love that phrase.

I think the fix there is to turn the radio on, what are you doing with it off!? :laugh:

Seriously though, I thought fuel 'splosh' was to be expected...how are you going to stop 50 litres of fluid moving around while you drive? :unsure: 

• Like 1

On 09/11/2016 at 10:16 AM, TomsFocus said:

I think the fix there is to turn the radio on, what are you doing with it off!? :laugh:

Seriously though, I thought fuel 'splosh' was to be expected...how are you going to stop 50 litres of fluid moving around while you drive? :unsure: 

Baffles

There is a problem, A close friend ownes the dealership we bought it from and told us they have complaints from kugar owners as well.

The reason for my post was to see if any one else had contacted Ford. (Our dealer has had 3 Edge complaints so far)

• 2 weeks later...

I read on an online review that reviwee had mentioned about slushy noise from fuel tank.

Have not noticed myself yet (am on 5th tankfull since picking my Edge up).

I will see if I can find the review and will try to post either link to it or the review itself once I find it.

Oh, Btw I drive most of the time with the tunes off; only comes on for traffic reports.

Dave

That's probably why I never noticed ! Lol well they won't be being lowered if sloshing is what I will hear ....

Hi

I have found the links to the reviews that I read online.

There are two reviews that I read.

The links are as follows :-

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/ford/edge/suv/review

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/142578/ford-edge-suv-2015-full-specs-prices-and-release-date

Not sure which was the later one, but might make a bit of interesting reding to someone.

• 3 weeks later...

With the fuel tank under the back seat and with modern cars having thinner carpets and sound proofing etc - fuel slosh is to be expected. 50 litres of liquid, afterall.

Does let the side down a bit. Have tested a few cars recently. This hasn't been a problem in them. My MK5 Mondeo suffers too but then I like to have the music on mostly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club