Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting issue on Fiesta 1997 1.4 zetec

manol01

Good morning mates, i have a 1997 fiesta 1.4 zetec, after a week period try to start it but no lights on dash when turn the ingnition switch (those red lights illuminate for a short time period), no starter turn or even a tick noise from its barrel, the internal cabin light becames dim.

The battery is in good condition, check all relays and fuses relative to engine management (cabin, engine compartment)

Does anybody ever face the same issue?

A thought of mine is about immobilizer but is deep water for me..........

Thank you all in advance

Emmanuel

Are you sure the battery is good? Have you had it tested?

If it is ok, I would disconnect it for a few hours and then reconnect and try again to reset everything.

how do you know the battery is good?. it certainly sounds to me like the battery is dead. might need a new battery. might just need charging, are you sure no one left the lights on when parked?

I have known alternators (the rectifier/diodes inside the alternator) go bad so the battery drains through the alternator when parked  but that is a rare problem in my experience

My fiesta may be newer than yours but when my battery died, the same happened on mine so definitely get it checked if you haven't, probably the most likely culprit.