Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting a reversing camera to a MK5 Mondeo with SYNC 2

kr1stoph

Good morning,

I have just got my mondeo 2015.5 mk5 and it has not got reversing sensors or a reversing camera fitted. It comes as standard with the SYNC 2 system.

Does anyone know of a way to retrofit a reversing camera input to the sync2 unit like it can come from factory?

I have found this > http://www.carcommunications.co.uk/car-accessories/driver-safety-aids/reversing-camera-kits/ford-reverse-camera/ford-mondeo-reverse-camera/ford-reversing-rear-view-camera-kit however I am unsure of the reliability of this supplier and am sort of hoping for some instruction.

Otherwise, does anyone know how much Ford charge to have this system retrofitted to a mondeo?

Many thanks,

Kr1stoph

Car Communications are fitting a reverse camera today to my 2016 Focus ST3, which also has SYNC2 - ill let you know the out come!

57 minutes ago, ST3-Andy said:

Car Communications are fitting a reverse camera today to my 2016 Focus ST3, which also has SYNC2 - ill let you know the out come!

Nice one Andy! Ill look forward to seeing what you think! A video of it in action would be awesome too :D

being fitted as we speak - i'll post up a video later

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ST3-Andy said:

Here's a video.......hopefully

https://vimeo.com/190901290

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And it works a treat. Very happy with it

Ah man thats awesome. Does your car already have reversing sensors? I see in the top right corner that it knows when you're near an object... my mondeo doesnt have any reversing aids at all so i was wondering if that is a feature of the camera theyve fitted or your car?

Thanks for your help man! Ill definitely see when they can get mine booked in!

43 minutes ago, kr1stoph said:

Ah man thats awesome. Does your car already have reversing sensors? I see in the top right corner that it knows when you're near an object... my mondeo doesnt have any reversing aids at all so i was wondering if that is a feature of the camera theyve fitted or your car?

Thanks for your help man! Ill definitely see when they can get mine booked in!

Hi Fella

MIne has factory fitted sensors hence the visual parking aid too - Before I bought this system I made sure that the image of car was still there when the camera was activated as I didn't want to loose it.

Well happy with it. The installer was brilliant, very informative and professional - highly recommended

• 8 months later...

Where is the video? [emoji22]

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

Hey@chiefjonny I just so happen to have a mk5 mondeo with Sync2 and I have retrofitted an aftermarket reverse camera that comes through the Sync2 screen. I do have factory fit sensors though. I can't see the video posted above as it says I'm not allowed to view it, however the image in the top Right will be fed from the sensors so you wouldn't get that. I'm unsure if the camera in he video has the active direction bars to show the intended path of the vehicle as that is fed from sensors in the steered wheels. You will get an image from behind the car with 2 straight dotted lines stretching away from the car that start green and end red. When the object is in the red part of the line you should be stopping.
As I said I did it myself and it took me the best part of a day because it is a faff removing all the boot trim and tailgate trim (plus I've also got a broken back). It's not hard though. You will need to activate the parking module in the onboard computer and for this you will need an ELM327 cable, a laptop and Forscan. I got the camera from eBay. Total cost -
I was talked through it via a guy on a mk5 Facebook page, without whom I'd have no chance but it was very easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hey folks - I know this is an old thread but...  it's kinda exactly what I'm looking at right now.  I've a january 2015 mk5 mondeo with no reversing aids at all.  Turns out that was a mistake.  I'd love to fit an aftermarket reversing camera to it.  But am struggling to find some concrete information on how to.

@ST3-Andy: I can see that carcommunications kit.  Tempting... but a bit pricey at 400 quid

@Jonro2009 - I've no problem activating the parking module using forscan.  You don't by any chance have a link to "the mk5 facebook" page where this was discussed?  I can't find the thing... but I do find it easier to work on cars than on computers!  I just signed up to ask this question - would appreciate any help!

Oh dear.  I think I found those Facebook Forums.... do I really have to open a facebook account to find out about my car. :-(... I've gone all these years without one... it's almost a matter of pride at this stage...

I have sent you a link to the page on your other post, it really is a great resource and good chat. If you PM your email address then I will dig out the guide and parts list that me and another member did and email it to you, if you’re dead against Facebook.

Thanks Jonro2009.  Nah - nothing against facebook - just not into that online life stuff.  Will sign up this evening - like to have my glasses on for that kind of thing 🙂 .  Is it worth putting your parts list and guide up here in the mods section though?  If it's all done anyway?  Or I could put one together as I go thru this and post it - don't think it would take that long (always say that at the start!).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi does anyone have a write up how to and parts required to fit a reverse camera I have a tdci 180 x pack with parking sensors and park assist but no camera. 

I have done one and it’s available on the Mondeo Mk5 uk Facebook page, if you join that you will find the topic is actually being discussed now by a few group members. I’ve just posted a link to a suitable camera too. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/

Hi thanks for that but I don't have Facebook so have a bit of a problem anywhere else I can find the information from. 

Creating a Facebook profile and joining the group would give you access to all the info and advice for a number of things. This forum is not very active at all, the fb group on the other hand has lots of regular active members (me being one of them) with experience in all different areas. You will also need to be able to use Forscan if you install a reverse camera, and you can do so much more with it too. If when you are fitting the camera and you needed help you would get a response in under 30mins normally as opposed to hear when you could wait days. 

Its up to you though buddy, if you want to PM your email address I will send you the file you need. I don’t always get notifications from here so excuse me if I don’t get back to you quickly 😁

• Like 1

Thanks will get my partner to look on Facebook to get the info just want to do a oem install. 

Just tell her to ask to join the group and one of the admin will approve the request. You will still need to use Forscan to enable the camera service, it’s pretty straight forward though

• 1 year later...

Hi, have requested to join the FB group, am buying a mondeo mk5 and want to add the reversing camera, quick question does it show the guide lines that move when you turn the steering wheel? have used forscan in the past so is this sonethibg pretty easy to set up if thats the case? Thankyou in advance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club