Do Not Sell My Personal Information

steering wheel controls

AlexBartlam

hi all the last couple weeks my steering wheel controls for the music have been playing up it doesn't change track and its temperamental with volume control any idead to what it could be 

thanks

Ive got a spare set of controls for a prefacelift you can have for p&p. Theyre red instead of blue (my steering wheel currently has red CC but it should be blue haha)

It will work fine and its a  cheap easy possible solution

• Like 2

nice one thanks how much is p&p would you know and have you got a pic of the control's thanks.

had a pot around on the site and someone had put that disconnecting the battery for 10 mins did the job ill see if this works tonight after work see if it fixes it.

Disconnecting the battery may well fix it. I took mine for it's 2nd service last week with the music buttons playing-up (as usual). Collected the car and it's fine again for a few days no doubt, then it'll be back to stupid.

yh well after yesterday when i got out of work they have been working without fault so i held off the battery dissconect for now still working today aswell.

I've heard spraying electrical contact cleaner in it should help 

Further to this -

On 10/11/2016 at 1:53 PM, winemart2 said:

Disconnecting the battery may well fix it. I took mine for it's 2nd service last week with the music buttons playing-up (as usual). Collected the car and it's fine again for a few days no doubt, then it'll be back to stupid.

Garage phoned to say new buttons had arrived. I said forget it, it's working fine and I believe it's a Sony dab/canbus problem.

Ahhh, we can't return them so you'll have to have them fitted. Seems to me, any electronics problem and you're doomed.

yh its strange mine have been working since exept this morning where i was trying to change the volume but it was changing radio station not sure if iv pressed somthing but not sure whats going on.

It'll prolly do something different on next start-up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club