Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 SportKA No Heater Fan Blowing

shortie1979

Hi All,

Hoping someone can assist me with an issue i have with my Heater Fan on my SportKA. Typically last week on the first day of frost, went out and started the car to warm it up, turned the fan on and got out. When i went back to it 5 minutes later the car hadn't defrosted, jumped in and the fan wasn't blowing. Thought it would be simple like the fuse, checked that and all ok! Looked on google and saw people stated about the Heater Resistor, got that yesterday, fitted it, and still no joy! Going to look at the motor at the weekend, but not sure how i will know if this is knackered or not? Anyone else had this issue before?

Ive not heard of this before. All you can check is if the motor is free and check the power to it and the resistor. Good luck.

Slightly worrying when people haven't heard of it!!! Think ill be checking the power to the fuse, hopefully that will be ok as really don,t won't a wiring fault!! I did think the fan was always quite noisy, even when on 1, so really hoping its the motor as that looks like a fairly easy job to change!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I had exactly the same problem! Did everything you did, changed the switch panel in the dash, even took out the fan motor....

That was when I found the problem. Under the glove box there is a multiplug with two fairly thick wires that go to the motor. I cut the thing off and replaced with electrical multiblock, 20p from the local hardware shop or a bit more from B&Q. Worked straight away....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club