Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus start stop problem

Rawpower23

I have a 61 plate focus 1.6 zetec and can't seem to get my start stop working.  When I switch my engine on the button lights up that the function is off,  but when I press the button nothing happens also tryed with the engine warm . I have checked my handbook and it says that I should be able to access it through the menu ( information on the function menu) but information isn't there.  Why would there be a button lit up if it didn't have it help!  Thanx

1 hour ago, Rawpower23 said:

I have a 61 plate focus 1.6 zetec and can't seem to get my start stop working.  When I switch my engine on the button lights up that the function is off,  but when I press the button nothing happens also tryed with the engine warm . I have checked my handbook and it says that I should be able to access it through the menu ( information on the function menu) but information isn't there.  Why would there be a button lit up if it didn't have it help!  Thanx

Sounds like your battery is below the required charge level for it to initialise. Petrol or diesel?

Do you do lots of short journeys?

• Like 1

As above, if the system perceives the battery would be too low to guarantee a restart it won't operate.

Btw, If the system is the same as on the facelift model the button being illuminated means you've switched it off.

With my car, if the system isn't available then I get a greyed/crossed out A on the dash display.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Thank for your replys it a diesel I'll try a new battery only had the car week or so there's nothing lit up on the display I'll let you know how it goes thanx again

When the control light of the Start/Stop switch is illuminated the Start/Stop system is switched off. This can have 3 possible causes:

1. The system is switched off by the user by pressing the on/off switch.

2. The system is switched off by the system itself as a result of a system error.

3. The system is switched off softwarematically in the Central Car Configuration.

If the control light is illuminated permanently when the engine is running it usually indicates a Start/stop system error. The button will be illuminated until the cause of the problem is solved and all related DTC codes heve been deleted.

When the conditions that are required to make the start/stop system work (for example battery voltage, engine temperature, outside air temperature, etc.) are not met the control light will  not be illuminated. .

I was almost about to start a thread asking the same question.

Had car 2 weeks and start stop has never worked at all.

battery voltage is 12.39 and I have a DTC code for B12CD Voltage Quality Monitor.

John

where are you reading that voltage? if instrument cluster then its not accurate at all. needs checking at battery terminals

• 7 months later...

Hi guys

I have the following DTC from the last six months. It's related to Auto Start/Stop.
Auto Start/Stop is not working and the OFF led on the Auto Start/Stop button is always active.

DTC Error read - BCM
DTC Errors: 1

B12CD - Voltage Quality Module
Ext.Status: 2F - No Communication Or Incorrectly Connected.(DTC) Present at Time of Request.

Any ideas on why this DTC is present and what can be done to resolve it?
Thank you.

P.S. The battery is fully charged several times to see if this is the issue. But even then and clearing the DTC did not help.

Finally I managed to get the Auto Start/Stop system working again!

I did a lot of debug with FORScan and other tools and also tried out a nearly new battery suitable for Start/Stop systems including resetting battery Monitoring System, all of which did not help.

I was suspicious that the Start/Stop module (Voltage Quality Module) is stuck in a state and that I did not wait long enough between disconnecting my battery and connecting a new one for the module to power-reset fully. Today, I just pulled-out the fuse of Start/Stop module in the engine compartment (F11 rated at 30Amps --> this might be different for you, please check manual supplied with the car) and verified with a multimeter that it was intact. Started the car still with the fuse pulled-out, the instruments (dash, climate, etc.) did not turn on as expected because they are linked to the Start/Stop system. Turned off the car, waited a couple of minutes and inserted the fuse back.

Started the car and the OFF led on the Start/Stop button is not longer active as it was before indicating that the Start/Stop system is active. In other ways, activating Active Park Assist should deactivate the Start/Stop system (OFF led active).

After driving for a about 10-15km, the Start/Stop system kicked in when stopped at a traffic light :smile:

Usually, I disconnect the battery or fuses first to power-reset the modules in case of malfunctions or abnormal behaviours,. But, somehow this time I sort of missed it! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Mine wasnt working for ages regardless of the switch the voltage all correct. Car went in for service so i had a moan about it. As if by magic its working again obviously the garage did something

Just meant it was switched of by the last owner using Focccus or they asked Ford to do it, by pulling the fuse you effectively reset it. personallu i'd leave it off and save a ton of wear on your battery and starter motor

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 11/9/2016 at 5:01 PM, Rawpower23 said:

I have got the same issue with my 63 plate. You have switches behind your clutch and brake pedal. They may need replacing (not a warrented part) 

I have got the same issue with my 63 plate. You have switches behind your clutch and brake pedal. They may need replacing (not a warrented part) 

• 3 months later...

I only have my car 2 weeks (2013 eco boost) I taught I had the stop start disabled since the light was off on the stop start button,( not knowing the light should be on to be disabled) and today I took the car on a good drive down the Motorway and then the stop start, start working out of the blue, can anyone give me an explanation?

If you haven't disabled the stop start then it might work occasionally when all the things that allow it to work are in a happy place. It needs a good charge in the battery (although the charging system is designed to not fully charge the battery), the right cabin temperature, the right temperature range outside, a warm engine, good brake vacuum and the driver's door must not have been opened. If your battery is the original 6 year old one then stop start isn't likely to work very often. Don't worry about it, it isn't designed to save you fuel, its designed to avoid gassing pedestrians at traffic lights. My battery is 7 years old and the stop start hasn't worked for more than a year.

The battery on our Mk3 is also 7 years old. When we first bought the car nearly 4 years ago the stop-start worked occasionally after a long run but hasn't worked for at least the last three years which suits me just fine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club