Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a pain!

Yowsah

Had a bump with the Mondeo recently which ended up with a complete rear wraparound panel needing replaced. The bodyshop have been on the phone today to say that Ford do not have the part available and that it is on back order. They cannot say when the part will be sent to the bodyshop. I would have expected better service from a company the size of Ford. It's not as if the part required is a panel for a Model T.

Unfortunately if there is a constrain on supply then the factories get priority.

As soon as more stock is available than needed for production they will release one to you....

Hold on a minute. What kind of way is that to run a company. Insurance companies, bodyshops, and customers just have to indefinitely wait. That's not good enough. I changed from the green oval to the blue oval because I didn't need a 4WD anymore. Land Rover never let me down with parts supply and that included panels. I can see my relationship with Ford is going to be a short one.

3 hours ago, Yowsah said:

Hold on a minute. What kind of way is that to run a company. Insurance companies, bodyshops, and customers just have to indefinitely wait. That's not good enough. I changed from the green oval to the blue oval because I didn't need a 4WD anymore. Land Rover never let me down with parts supply and that included panels. I can see my relationship with Ford is going to be a short one.

Fair point, it's not as if it's a really rare/in demand part like a genuine Focus RS spoiler.  It's surprising how many parts Ford have on 'back order' considering how big they are :wallbash:

• Like 1

I'm sure you'll find that common parts are generally available within 3 days.

Large and rarely needed parts will take longer to despatch especially large panels that most likely have to be allocated from an assembly plant, painted to colour code and shipped.

IMO, a couple of weeks for that is not unreasonable.

It would however be unreasonable to expect a Dealership to stock every conceivable part of every car model.

You'd need a warehouse the size of an Ikea store and many hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of parts in every possible colour which would certainly not be cost effective.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I'm sure you'll find that common parts are generally available within 3 days.

Large and rarely needed parts will take longer to despatch especially large panels that most likely have to be allocated from an assembly plant, painted to colour code and shipped.

IMO, a couple of weeks for that is not unreasonable.

It would however be unreasonable to expect a Dealership to stock every conceivable part of every car model.

You'd need a warehouse the size of an Ikea store and many hundreds thousands of pounds worth of parts in every possible colour which would certainly not be cost effective.

Sent from my SM-G930F

A couple of weeks would be acceptable. However, that is not what the bodyshop is being told. They have not been given an approximate date when to expect the part. All they have been told is that it is on back order and they will be informed when the part is available. That is not acceptable. 

I also think that three days is unacceptable for common parts. They should be available in 24 hours. Is Ford always like this?

Ford Dealers usually get 2 parts deliveries a week - hence 3 day delay.

Sent from my SM-G930F

11 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Ford Dealers usually get 2 parts deliveries a week - hence 3 day delay.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Good grief!

Indeed.

In April I had to wait a week for a new headlight for My ST when it gained a mind of it's own and the auto levelling went wonky.

That one wouldn't program to the car properly so waited another week for a second one to arrive.

Waiting is a pain but invariably unavoidable.

I think that humans in general have got used to a consumerism when everything is on tap and available instantly.

We aren't used to being patient anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930F

11 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Indeed.

In April I had to wait a week for a new headlight for My ST when it gained a mind of it's own and the auto levelling went wonky.

That one wouldn't program to the car properly so waited another week for a second one to arrive.

Waiting is a pain but invariably unavoidable.

I think that humans in general have got used to a consumerism when everything is on tap and available instantly.

We aren't used to being patient anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Some of us are however used to other vehicle manufacturers who are more efficient. I've already mentioned Land Rover and my experience of Toyota was also satisfactory. 

Well there's the answer 😀.

Land Rover are used to vehicles getting roughed up and Toyota are used to replacing bits that drop off on a regular basis.

😆

J K.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Well there's the answer 😀.

Land Rover are used to vehicles getting roughed up and Toyota are used to replacing bits that drop off on a regular basis.

😆

J K.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Thanks. I needed a laugh. 😃👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised that body panels would be prepainted prior to shipment. With the exception of some plastic parts, body parts in the US are shipped primed and ready to paint so that the color can be matched to the car.

As far as parts delays, I have experienced those with Honda, Volvo, Ford and Chevrolet.  In some cases, parts are shipped next day.  In other cases, it may take a few days.  Other times, the part may be backordered for weeks, r in the case of a recall, simply not available.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club