Do Not Sell My Personal Information

throttle responce tuning box

bigal83

Has anyone tried these? Claim is much better throttle response and is a plug and play.

quite a few Kia owners have them and say they are really good 3 modes eco sport and sport plus even eco is,a big improvement over standard the sport plus is no good for the roads though ill be ordering one soon as well plug and play easily removable come service time

On the Focus MK2/Mk2.5 with manual gearbox the throttle response can easily be improved by changing the "Autotransmission" setting to "Sport" using ELMconfig.

On the Focus MK2/MK2.5 the throttle pedal is connected directly to the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster is basically the gateway that converts the analog throttle pedal signal to a digital CANbus signal which is distributed to the PCM. On all automatic gearbox versions the "Autotransmission" setting changes both the response of the gearbox and the throttle. However this setting is also a known hack to improve the throttle response on all manual gearbox versions.

• Like 2

Sounds interesting, but I ordered a pedalbox yesterday 😞 

Well, the box should be here Saturday so I'll get it fitted and I'll post up my opinions as to whether

it does as claimed.

ok, the box arrived Saturday so I set about fitting it. A very simple process but ***** hard

to get at the plug on the throttle pedal, a few cuts on hands.

Took it for a quick spin and the difference is definitely noticeable. I'll do a few more indepth

tests as I go to work.

On 11/16/2016 at 7:28 PM, JW1982 said:

On the Focus MK2/Mk2.5 with manual gearbox the throttle response can easily be improved by changing the "Autotransmission" setting to "Sport" using ELMconfig.

On the Focus MK2/MK2.5 the throttle pedal is connected directly to the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster is basically the gateway that converts the analog throttle pedal signal to a digital CANbus signal which is distributed to the PCM. On all automatic gearbox versions the "Autotransmission" setting changes both the response of the gearbox and the throttle. However this setting is also a known hack to improve the throttle response on all manual gearbox versions.

is this easy to do or is there any links/tutorial

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to give this a go at the weekend, sounds promising! Last time I had Elmconfig running, I noticed it is set to adaptive by default...just didn't want to change it then, as I wasn't sure if anything else had to be changed alongside it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club