Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shortening my tailpipe

xpeterpx

Hi

Hope someone can advise me.

I have a standard fit exhaust and the back box was recently changed.

It looks sort of 'odd' to have the tailpipe sticking out slightly and I would really like to cut this end back into  a slash cut to contour the way the bumper is.

Will I notice any difference in sound by doing this or cause any real harm to the way the exhaust operates as a whole?

Just curious

Pete

Sorry to drag up an old thread but if I say wanted to keep the existing backbox but weld on a bigger bore tailpipe(purely for cosmetic reasons) can it be done with no negative effect?

I guess i'd be welding a mild steel tailpipe onto a mild steel backbox

There would be absolutely no issue with that, providing the condition of the back box is good.

The new tailpipe may be made of stainless steel, again not a problem to weld onto mild steel with the correct welding wire and equipment. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Just curious but is my plan likey to end up with a louder note due to the larger pipe boreas its something I really wouldnt want!

thanks

No, just changing the tailpipe won't have any affect, you would need to alter the rest of the system/silencers to increase noise. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club