Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thisty focus

jester

I am looking for some advise on my 2016 2L tdci. I use to get round about 50 to 52 miles to a gallon but for some resion it has started to drop off. Had the car serviced a month ago. I have had the EMU  tested and no faults showed up. The only think that is wrong with the car that I know is sometimes when you pull away in first gear the car shurges gose flat then pulls away. It dose not do it all the time. I have never heard of a diesel doing this but petrol engine yes. I will very grateful for some help on this matter as it starting to drive me mad. 

Gerard

The cold weather will start effecting MPG. in the summer for example my Volvo 2.0D (ford/psa engine) would get 40ish on average but in the colder months dropped to around 35. Colder weather is great for turbos though! Denser air = better induction = heavier foot :p

if its flat might be something up somewhere. How much of a loss are you experiencing? 

• Like 1

I am losing about 9 to 10 mpg. Yer I know all about the different in winter and summer.  I know there must be something wrong making the flat spot. But I have not got a clue as to what. 

10 minutes ago, jester said:

I am losing about 9 to 10 mpg. Yer I know all about the different in winter and summer.  I know there must be something wrong making the flat spot. But I have not got a clue as to what. 

Do you use a factory air filter or upgrade induction panel filter?

upgrade panel filters or cones that use oil can foul the MAF and cause poor mpg and flat spots (experienced this) - If you don't use them, that's one off the list.

I got my car serviced about 5 week ago at my local ford garage. So I think they should have use all Ford parts. Thanks for all the advice.  Where are the cones panel filters. 

17 hours ago, jester said:

I got my car serviced about 5 week ago at my local ford garage. So I think they should have use all Ford parts. Thanks for all the advice.  Where are the cones panel filters. 

Cones are an open induction air filter which replaces the factory air filter and filter housing box. These filters along with replacement standard size performance panel air filters which utilise the original air filter box are coated in a light oil which in some cases gets sucked into the air intake coating any sensors in the oil along the way. That in turn can cause poor running.

This is one of the leading brands - 

http://www.knfilters.co.uk/mobile/default.aspx

Thanks for that information  I understand what it is now 

Just filled my car up and it's down by 15mpg. It may be just the cold weather I am going to keep an eye on over the next 2 weeks. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club