Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is a cold air intake really worth it?

JackCrowe

I've recently been looking at cold air performance intakes for my car and I'm wondering if dishing out the £96 is really worth it? 

image.png

image.png

31 minutes ago, JackCrowe said:

I've recently been looking at cold air performance intakes for my car and I'm wondering if dishing out the £96 is really worth it? 

I have a K&N57s fitted in my focus and I've noticed a considerable difference, but if you don't have a turbo then there's not much to be gained because your engine doesn't suck in as much. 

what engine is your fiesta?

If it's a 1.6TDCi then this would be best for performance: http://www.nbstyling.co.uk/store/?pID=86 

Do you still get a nice pssshhh sound out of k&n filters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aaronwzs said:

Do you still get a nice pssshhh sound out of k&n filters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep can hear the turbo from passenger window when it's open😊 

even cyclists turn around sometimes 😁

20 hours ago, Lenny said:

I have a K&N57s fitted in my focus and I've noticed a considerable difference, but if you don't have a turbo then there's not much to be gained because your engine doesn't suck in as much. 

what engine is your fiesta?

If it's a 1.6TDCi then this would be best for performance: http://www.nbstyling.co.uk/store/?pID=86 

It's only a 1.25 but has a full performance exhaust on it, and was just wondering if it would be worth getting the air filter 😄

Thanks for for the replys!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JackCrowe said:

It's only a 1.25 but has a full performance exhaust on it, and was just wondering if it would be worth getting the air filter 😄

It'll make it sound better but won't do much for performance on an NA car

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JackCrowe said:

Thanks for for the replys!

An open cone filter may end up costing you more on fuel consumption without any increase in performance to be honest, I've heard this happening before in other naturally aspirated vehicles of similar engine size.

a good upgrade to standard is a green Cotton induction filter, there direct replacement and will give your exhaust a slightly deaper tone.

see my guide here for 10% discount code and link to a reliable website to purchase: 

Believe it or not; Another good upgrade is to change the fuel filter, just replacing with another ford fuel filter nothing fancey; you will notice the difference in throttle response as the pump will be more responsive.

Some NGK Irridium spark plugs are also good when changing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

An open cone filter may end up costing you more on fuel consumption without any increase in performance to be honest, I've heard this happening before in other naturally aspirated vehicles of similar engine size.

a good upgrade to standard is a green Cotton induction filter, there direct replacement and will give your exhaust a slightly deaper tone.

see my guide here for 10% discount code and link to a reliable website to purchase: 

Believe it or not; Another good upgrade is to change the fuel filter, just replacing with another ford fuel filter nothing fancey; you will notice the difference in throttle response as the pump will be more responsive.

Some NGK Irridium spark plugs are also good when changing.

Thank you for the great advice, I just ordered a green cotton direct air filter replacement for my car, will send photos when it gets delivered!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20 November 2016 at 6:06 PM, JackCrowe said:

Thank you for the great advice, I just ordered a green cotton direct air filter replacement for my car, will send photos when it gets delivered!

Swapped!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I ran a pipercross venom induction kit, with feed coming from the grill and fogs (tried both). I know this goes against the norm but I actually lost high speed power somehow. I have a friend so can take my car on a track for free, it's a 1.6 petrol but on the straight with the Pipercross I could only get the thing to just over 100 before it gave up.

I've put on a ***** cone filter from halfrauds, and now it can get to 120. It's weird. Much more surface area, pipercross was foam and this filter is cotton. I also trimmed the intake pipe back to get rid of the flexi bit so there's less turbulence on the intake, if that makes a difference. 

Also lenny how hard is fuel filter change on a 1.6 petrol do you know? I might do it, car's 130k old and it might free a few horsies.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club