Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket MK1 Head Unit

Paladine

I am looking for an aftermarket head unit I can fit in my MK1 Focus.  It needs to be double din, support bluetooth 4 (iPhone 6S support) for audio and calls and would be really nice to have a 7" display with a camera port.

Also I would like to fit a reversing camera (with lines) and plug it into the display.

I have no idea what is available so hoping maybe someone else has done a similar upgrade and can give me some suggestions.

Also I shoudl add my Focus is left hand drive so will I need to find a double din facia which is for left hand drive or are they universal?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-MK1-1998-2004-Car-DVD-USB-Player-Head-Unit-Radio-Stereo-Fascia-Kit-KT-/252130688763?hash=item3ab428fefb:g:mc4AAOSw9uFW8hju

I believe this has bluetooth and a reversing camera switch. Also support for an extra sub woofer speaker 4.1 speaker system.

Though I have not tried it as my present system is functional.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, v530anh said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-MK1-1998-2004-Car-DVD-USB-Player-Head-Unit-Radio-Stereo-Fascia-Kit-KT-/252130688763?hash=item3ab428fefb:g:mc4AAOSw9uFW8hju

I believe this has Bluetooth and a reversing camera switch. Also support for an extra sub woofer speaker 4.1 speaker system.

Though I have not tried it as my present system is functional.

Yeah I was looking at this (they do a LHD version) but they have this warning:

"• Modification to the dashboard is required for a flush fitting. Please do not purchase if you are not prepared to modify your dashboard."

Now I am not sure if the modification they are referring to is just replacing the facia or whether there is more modification required (they don't say in their listings).  If it is just a case of replacing the fascia that is fine.

Also the head unit only has bluetooth 2.

I can find a 2 din fascia to replace the 1.8 din that comes from the factory so I guess I will have to buy that and then look around for a better head unit or go with a custom built iPad mini setup... (which I am also considering).

They may mean that some of the mouldings at the back of the radio recess may need cutting out as the Mk1 Focus has quite a shallow recess.

Some find that buying a seperate cage for the ravio with a V shaped rear helps.

Or maybe just go to Halfords, just tell them what you want. They fit it for you, take away the hasstle out of it.

10 hours ago, v530anh said:

Or maybe just go to Halfords, just tell them what you want. They fit it for you, take away the hasstle out of it.

Good luck with that if you wanna let them loose on your car      

imho

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club