Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Willy's 5 Door Fiesta ST Thread

Willy

No idea buddy. Just going on the theory of less volume will fill quicker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy said:

No idea buddy. Just going on the theory of less volume will fill quicker.

No worries. Would love to get an airtec intercooler on my car buts it's expensive plus might get more lag as you said. 

Mountune cooler off and up for sale on FB

20190830_182854.thumb.jpg.efcb99c398d2fa2cec128dcec8c59783.jpg

Airtec cooler and zunsport grill installed 

20190830_164248.thumb.jpg.9a273a69050d132d0dba33b384ba9089.jpg20190830_185356.thumb.jpg.0e7f913051016cd1e838bcf0dcbcfb37.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/28/2019 at 2:42 PM, zain611 said:

No worries. Would love to get an airtec intercooler on my car buts it's expensive plus might get more lag as you said. 

The guy who tuned my car Gareth at STealthWerx he’s done multiple tests and data logs on a smaller cooler and large stage 3 cooler and of all the hardware is kept the same just changing the cooler there is no more extra lag the turbo still starts boosting at the same rpm, the only issue with a small cooler will be heat soak and you won’t be able to go as fast for as long, after a while it will get to hot and start to pull timing out and reduce your power until temps cool down and it will increase timing again, with a large stage 3 cooler it takes hours to heat soak to that level, after 6 20mins sessions round snetterton the temps on a stage 3 cooler car didn’t rise at all but a stage 2 smaller cooler car started reducing power after the first session, the temps didn’t recover and it had to sit out the 3/4 session due to heat it could only do 2 sessions at a time 

but it’s personal preference really 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D13 HPD 95 said:

The guy who tuned my car Gareth at STealthWerx he’s done multiple tests and data logs on a smaller cooler and large stage 3 cooler and of all the hardware is kept the same just changing the cooler there is no more extra lag the turbo still starts boosting at the same rpm, the only issue with a small cooler will be heat soak and you won’t be able to go as fast for as long, after a while it will get to hot and start to pull timing out and reduce your power until temps cool down and it will increase timing again, with a large stage 3 cooler it takes hours to heat soak to that level, after 6 20mins sessions round snetterton the temps on a stage 3 cooler car didn’t rise at all but a stage 2 smaller cooler car started reducing power after the first session, the temps didn’t recover and it had to sit out the 3/4 session due to heat it could only do 2 sessions at a time 

but it’s personal preference really 

Lucky I don't go on track then 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Is the special only in 3 door or do they do it in 5 as well?

Only 3 door buddy 

Just re-read one of the earlier Auto Express previews and they were supposed to be shipping sometime in September according to that.

I'm putting down a whopping 1p that @Willy will be coming out in Orange soon :laughing:.

**Edit**

https://www.marshall.co.uk/ford/new-car-offers/fiesta-st/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Is that a special edition ST like the ST200? 

Pretty much, but no extra power this time 😞

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ford/fiesta-st/first-drives/ford-fiesta-st-performance-edition-2019-uk-review

Edit PS: The interesting thing (to me) is the article suggests the suspension mods improve comfort as well as handling. Hope they filter down to the standard version in which case my back may be able to cope!😀

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Performance Edition ordered so stripping the MR230 bits off the MK7 and posting them on FB (Will Mason)

Its been a brilliant car and will miss it for sure but onto other things.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Local dealer has 2 at there showroom. I wonder which one's mine 🤔

20190929_064254.jpg

• Like 1

I'm getting strangely drawn to orange cars after seeing this and an Orange Fury Mk 4 Focus ST...........

Looking forward to seeing what you think to the suspension set up - I'd quite like a touch more power/torque but without having my knackered old back pulverised!

• 2 weeks later...

So the day came last Saturday to say goodbye to the MK7 Fiesta. I will miss the 5 door convenience but not the other little issues that the MK7 suffered from.

post-94506-0-66812200-1572390768.thumb.jpg.dbfe85b00477d0796500c7b0ca7b7744.jpg post-94506-0-40258700-1572390782.thumb.jpg.b77a9553e626f2c3f4b4c4b4f18c718a.jpg

• Like 2

The mk7 looks absolutely different with everything off. Don't worry about the 5 door to 3 door downgrade. I got worried myself when I switched from that but I honestly don't find it much different 👍

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 7:36 AM, Willy said:

A few more bits of gel 😉

20180202_190119.thumb.jpg.7975ce9988997f9af8b847d25ff30cbd.jpg20180202_192916.thumb.jpg.4672db11635b168c79bae2e02712c94f.jpg

Where did you get the gel for the engine cover @Willy?

51 minutes ago, MontyST2 said:

Where did you get the gel for the engine cover @Willy?

It was a guy on FB but unfortunately I can't remember who.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club