Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

hi everyone hope u can help

darren woolgar

Hi my cmax is 2004 1.8 petrol when it reaches normal running temp it loses a little bit of throttle response then at junctions it will cut out after a fer seconds it will restart and be ok for a while please someone help

Firstly hello and welcome to FOC Darren

Secondly please try and post in the correct section rather just dump your post in the general section.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/25-ford-c-max-club/

Your question might have already been answered there

13 hours ago, Joss max said:

Secondly please try and post in the correct section rather just dump your post in the general section.

Thats not a very nice welcome now is it?:ohmy:

Have you thought he may not of known there is an actual C-Max section? Maybe just a bit of friendly guidance rather than the "dump your post" comment would have been a warmer welcome. :smile:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joss max said:

Hi Darren. Have you tried seeing if any fault codes (DTC's) are stored? If you dont have a code reader then they are available from around £10 on eBay and are a worthwhile investment. It could be something as simple as a sensor that is playing up. 

Really sorry didn't realise there was an actual section I will post there in future ty for the welcome though 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darren woolgar said:

Really sorry didn't realise there was an actual section I will post there in future ty for the welcome though 

As a former C-Max owner Darren ive found that the c-max forum can a bit slow to get replies sometimes on here. Theres no problem posting in the General Ford Related section too. :smile:

On 22/11/2016 at 7:01 PM, WES180 said:

Thats not a very nice welcome now is it?:ohmy:

Have you thought he may not of known there is an actual C-Max section? Maybe just a bit of friendly guidance rather than the "dump your post" comment would have been a warmer welcome. :smile:

Yes actually I have. It isn't rocket science to take a moment and look over the forum before posting is it. As for posting in general section why do mods constantly move posts to the correct section from there?

I provided the correct link for the OP to guide him.

So I really don't see what your problem is.

2 hours ago, Joss max said:

Yes actually I have. It isn't rocket science to take a moment and look over the forum before posting is it. As for posting in general section why do mods constantly move posts to the correct section from there?

I provided the correct link for the OP to guide him.

So I really don't see what your problem is.

No, youre right, its not rocket science but yet loads of people post in the general section without realising there is a specific model forum for them.

Your post did indeed contain a helpful link although the C-Max forum can take quite a while to be honest to get a response, for whatever reason its not as popular as the Focus and Fiesta forums.

I dont have a problem so please dont take it so personally.:wink: I was merely highlighting that the way your comment read regarding dumping his post just didnt come across as very welcoming for a newbie thats all. :smile:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joss max said:

Wes

Fair comment and point noted

Cheers.:smile: