Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Won't Turn After Dead Battery

Glowrom

Hi guys 

I'm really pickled  my car off road two years!, must've started it up twice!, i've only got car back on the road past MOT first time!. When first went pick car  battery was completely dead!, so went home  charged battery then toke for an MOT now radio not turn on just says ford audio!..

I've tried removing the fuses No luck 

Tried removing the battery No luck 

Removed the bluetooth device no luck

its ford  fiesta 1.25 z 2010

Help will be appreciated 

• Like 1

They don't have codes!.. i've been searching  last few days  no one knows how fix it!

In 2 years of no use it could've got damp inside and broken tbh.  Bit of a long shot but do you know anyone else with a Mk7 Fiesta that could borrow their radio to test?

Also have you definitely pressed the on button?  It's the volume knob on them iirc. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

In 2 years of no use it could've got damp inside and broken tbh.  Bit of a long shot but do you know anyone else with a Mk7 Fiesta that could borrow their radio to test?

Also have you definitely pressed the on button?  It's the volume knob on them iirc. 

Don't know anyone sorry with mk7

Soon as I turn the power on it all lights up  Just says  Ford audio!

Ok, well it's obviously getting power so it sounds like a fault with the unit itself.

Does anything happen if you try to select an input like radio or CD?

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Ok, well it's obviously getting power so it sounds like a fault with the unit itself.

Does anything happen if you try to select an input like radio or CD?

If I press CD  it says no CD in drive!, only  thing that comes up on the screen 

Ok, and nothing when you press radio?  I can only assume it's an internal fault that isn't really fixable unless you're into electronics.  If it was mine I'd change the radio unit, I doubt they're cheap for those though.  Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Do you think it's because battery was dead!, Ive re charged it!, not given the full voltage out ?...was thinking about getting new car   battery today was told get calcium one 

I did think about that earlier but if the car runs and all the other electrics work I can't see it being the battery tbh.

Really amazes me  because I read through forums  A lot of people  disconnected the battery  haveing same problems!.. but no one explains how to fix it 

Sounds like a security measure may have tripped due to the system thinking the radio had been removed.

Maybe a trip to your Ford dealership to reset it would be in order?

Sent from my SM-G930F

I've been too ford told me it's no security measure!,they never seen this befo!,I've told em been happening to lot people online 

Try disconnecting the positive connection from the battery, touch it to the earth terminal or bare metal part in the engine bay (to discharge residual charge on the system) and then leave disconnected for about 10 minutes to reset the ECU.

See how you go from there.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

When you charged the battery did you remove it from the car or leave it in place?

You may have fried the unit.

I would replace the radio fuse just in case even if it looks ok, may be the ignition live feed is disrupted and causing the problem.

Failing that your dealership will have to look at it properly.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

ive seen that before, and it was the display unit that was faulty, not saying that is whats wrong with yours though, the dispkay wouldnt communicate with the audio unit. first person to diagnose it thought it was the audio unit, then i went to fit unit and it still wouldnt work, so i borrowed a display and it worked again. could either in your case unfortunatly.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

When you charged the battery did you remove it from the car or leave it in place?

You may have fried the unit.

I would replace the radio fuse just in case even if it looks ok, may be the ignition live feed is disrupted and causing the problem.

Failing that your dealership will have to look at it properly.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Removed battery 

Definitely a strange one.

Is the battery up to full charge and/or holding a charge?

It may stem from the battery being dead for so long, it may have gone below a point where charging it is not enough for the car systems to run properly.

I'd get a battery health check done and see if that sheds light on things.

• Like 1

On 23/11/2016 at 7:33 PM, iantt said:

ive seen that before, and it was the display unit that was faulty, not saying that is whats wrong with yours though, the dispkay wouldnt communicate with the audio unit. first person to diagnose it thought it was the audio unit, then i went to fit unit and it still wouldnt work, so i borrowed a display and it worked again. could either in your case unfortunatly.

Hi was display unit working at all ?..mine seem fine menu still works!,but soon turn  stereo on sreen says ford  audio 

On 24/11/2016 at 6:13 PM, Stoney871 said:

Definitely a strange one.

Is the battery up to full charge and/or holding a charge?

It may stem from the battery being dead for so long, it may have gone below a point where charging it is not enough for the car systems to run properly.

I'd get a battery health check done and see if that sheds light on things.

Battery seems fine starts 1st go!. Did test today come back 12.6v with  Engine off lights on!

What happens if you put a CD in? You said if you press the CD button it says no disc but is there actually one in it? It might play if you load one in but not display the track etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club