Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MPG on high millage focus

Jordan122

Hi All

What sort of MPG should i be looking at on 1.6 estate focus? its a high millage car with 135k on it so i am just wondering if there is anything i need to replace to improve mpg

Just did a rough calculation and at the mo its doing around 30 - 32mpg

thanks 

I assume that's petrol not diesel?  30-35mpg sounds normal for that engine in a heavy Focus.  A standard oil and filters service might help slightly.

• Like 1

Sound just wanted to make sure I was getting the correct mpg! First petrol focus!

Just looked it up on parkers and it says I should be getting 40mpg depending in if I have the 98bhp or the other 1.6 engine 115. 

So so how do I find out what engine is in my focus?

IMG_0746.PNG

Those figures aren't really accurate tbh...my 1.6 diesel is supposed to get 64mpg average...it's 10 less than that in real life.

I'm not sure of the visual difference in those petrol engines, but if you've got the v5 to hand it has the power output on it, will be in kilowatts so you need to convert to bhp.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club