• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peter_B78

• simonb65

• Jim610

• Ken.K

59 minutes ago, Peter_B78 said:

Yes I picked it up. Loving it so far.

Only slight issue is the handbook is out of date and doesn't include any information about Sync 3. Didn't notice until I was looking through it Saturday evening. Spoke to dealer yesterday who are going to look at getting hold of an up to date one for me.

It's not in an EDGE, so no EDGE specifics like front camera heated/cooled seats etc, but there is a good lengthy YouTube video that shows all of the features ...

Thanks for that.

To be fair - it is all pretty self explanatory. Just be nice to have the proper manual. Have heard from the dealer this morning that they've ordered a new one from Germany. Just got to see if it's the right one when it turns up.

If you have a look here there is an HTML version of the Edge manual that does cover Sync3.

Jim

Looking at yours I wish I could afford one of them now before they get too common. Saying that I doubt they will get common though as people will always be swayed to go for a brand

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jim610 said:

If you have a look here there is an HTML version of the Edge manual that does cover Sync3.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I had found that already and had a look through. Like I said it's all fairly straightforward anyway so haven't had any "how do I do that?" moments yet.

I'm sure that the fact it has an out of date manual is either because it's a 2017MY and an updated manual wasn't available or it's a simple mix up. Although if an updated manual doesn't exist I would have thought there would be some kind of Sync3 supplement.

Still, I'm sure the dealer will get it sorted out.

Hello Peter glad you like it looks nice in white still learning things on mine

something I learned the heard way I lifted the bonnet up to show a friend the engine bay when I closed it I pressed on it over the headlights and cracked the plastic headlamp casing it appears that there is not much gap between the gas strut that holds the bonnet up and the headlights when they are closed I now when it gets near to the close position I drop it shut

paul

Thanks for the heads up Paul. I'll bear that in mind whenever I have the bonnet up (which I've not done yet).

One thing I've found that isn't in the manual - whether it's a 2017MY thing or not I don't know - is a hidey/storage hole under the dashboard behind the centre console. It's got a rubber lining so it must be meant to be used!

Liking the storage space under the boot flooring. Handy for storing the rear headrests as I've had to remove them to fit my boys car seats in.

Yes not to sure what that storage hole is for I have put a wiping cloth in there.

what I have found useful is the mains socket plug charge my camera battery up using that

be nice to know what mpg you are getting I have got up to 34 mpg so far

paul

Hi. I'm due to collect my Edge Titanium next week. It was built on 29th august. The dealer has said it's Sync 3. I've looked up on Etis and it says Sync 2.has anyone got any idea what system it should be. Tia

2 hours ago, Ja1973 said:

Hi. I'm due to collect my Edge Titanium next week. It was built on 29th august. The dealer has said it's Sync 3. I've looked up on Etis and it says Sync 2.has anyone got any idea what system it should be. Tia

Mine is also due for pickup next week. Mine was built Sept 8th and is Sync3 (ETIS shows Sync III). I delayed my built slot from an original august build slot to september as I found from a contact at Ford that Sync3 wasn't due to be introduced until september in the MY2017 build. It came up on the dealer system and build schedule as a MY2017 rather then the original MY2016.25 that was allocated in August.

I suspect that you may have missed the upgrade by a week!!  If ETIS shows sync II then that's what it has been built with. :unsure:

There was 1 Edge on the same boat from the states that was built on Aug 25th (all the others were september and october) and that has Sync3 according to ETIS !!

2 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Mine is also due for pickup next week. Mine was built Sept 8th and is Sync3 (ETIS shows Sync III). I delayed my built slot from an original august build slot to september as I found from a contact at Ford that Sync3 wasn't due to be introduced until september in the MY2017 build. It came up on the dealer system and build schedule as a MY2017 rather then the original MY2016.25 that was allocated in August.

I suspect that you may have missed the upgrade by a week!!  If ETIS shows sync II then that's what it has been built with. :unsure:

There was 1 Edge on the same boat from the states that was built on Aug 25th (all the others were september and october) and that has Sync3 according to ETIS !!

Thanks Simon. That's a bit annoying. Other than that I think I've managed to get a good deal.roll on Thursday.

Interesting about etis and sync! My edge was built 5 days ago and etis has been populated with a lot of info but sync, of any kind, isn't mentioned anywhere in the list! I can't imagine they have forgotten it😞

Jim

1 hour ago, Jim610 said:

Interesting about etis and sync! My edge was built 5 days ago and etis has been populated with a lot of info but sync, of any kind, isn't mentioned anywhere in the list! I can't imagine they have forgotten it😞

Jim

I checked ETIS everyday around my build date and it took 2 weeks before ALL the info was populated! so dont worry, it will be on there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/11/2016 at 7:25 PM, simonb65 said:

Then scouting a few forums gave me a list of shipping companies used by Ford.

Hi Simonb65

I have only found Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics and the last of their ships to sail with Edges on was the 23rd Dec.  Cars built the day before mine were on it but alas not mine.

Since then another 2 W&W ships have sailed without any Edges on them!

What other companies did you discover as part of your research as I am struggling to find any other info?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Jim,

Mine was sat at the factory for 5 or 6 weeks. Cars built 6 weeks after mine shipped before mine did. There doesn't seem to be any logic in the order of production/shipment unless they were held waiting for specific parts! 

The EDGE shipments seem to be 1 per month. My ship had 2 and a quarter months production on it (235 europe bound of which only 115 were for the Uk) . I suspect they only ship when they have a certain batch size (maybe that is the most cost effective for Ford!). Wouldn't be suprised either if new sales have dropped off as the original 16 plates are now on the 2nd hand market at 25% to 30% less than new!

Non of the other shipping companies have tracking (unless you have a shipping contract with them!). I suspect yours is still at the factory for some reason. Even the dealer I bought from couldn't find out where mine was until it was released from the shipping company to them.

Hang in there ... you'll love it when it arrives :-)

1 hour ago, simonb65 said:

Wouldn't be suprised either if new sales have dropped off as the original 16 plates are now on the 2nd hand market at 25% to 30% less than new!

That could be a cause for concern but it it is half as good as the Mondeo it is replacing then I'll be holding on to it for a while.

The boat that sailed on 23rd Dec had 447 Europe bound cars of which 67 are UK bound. I wonder whether the intro of Sync3 has had an influence on people buying them.

On the subject of Sync, 6 weeks since build and it is still not listed on ETIS but then, none of the cars built recently have so maybe they have someone new inputting the data.

I also see what you mean about logic at the factory.  There are 6 cars of the same trim level all with later VIN numbers all built before mine.  Only obvious difference is none have gone for Adaptive Cruise except me.  May be that takes longer to install, get working!

Mine has just got off the boat that left on the 23rd of Dec. Up till the 2nd of this month I didn't have any info on Etis about sync or some of my other options. I checked again today and its all populated as it should be.

Just checked ETIS this morning.  Mine now also lists Sync3. Worryingly there is a  " Less Cell Phone Interface System " statement in there but there are so many contradictory "Less" "With" statements there is likely to be another entry somewhere with it added!!!!

Think I'll just wait and see as it is too late now if they have got it wrong.

I wonder what depreciation will be after 3 yrs

1 hour ago, Jim610 said:

Just checked ETIS this morning.  Mine now also lists Sync3. Worryingly there is a  " Less Cell Phone Interface System " statement in there but there are so many contradictory "Less" "With" statements there is likely to be another entry somewhere with it added!!!!

Think I'll just wait and see as it is too late now if they have got it wrong.

Jim, Dont worry my etis says that but it has got hands free and phone integration!

Found it!  

Car now showing as booked on next boat due to leave tomorrow or the next day.  Certainly not going to receive it by the dealers initial guess (4th Feb!!).  Hopefully I can at least get it registered before 1st Apr although the Edge is in that odd bracket where before or after doesn't make a massive difference.  Just would like to get my hands on it now.

The wait continues.

Found it!  
Car now showing as booked on next boat due to leave tomorrow or the next day.  Certainly not going to receive it by the dealers initial guess (4th Feb!!).  Hopefully I can at least get it registered before 1st Apr although the Edge is in that odd bracket where before or after doesn't make a massive difference.  Just would like to get my hands on it now.
The wait continues.

Good luck mate. Almost there now

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks- my car has arrived in the U.K. But I'm not picking up till march. It was built the end on November. Is it likey to have sync 3?