Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ford mondeo stereo upgrade

Stuartbateup

Hi guys

i have a 2008 ford mondeo tdci titanium with a sony 6cd changer that I'm looking to upgrade to a kenwood double din stereo.

Now I've found the right fascia for the new stereo, but as I've never done a stereo conversion on a car this new, so my question are.....

1 - What leads do I need? Stereo and steering wheel controls I take it?

2 - will the stereo still work with the convers+ system? It doesn't have bluetooth or voice control or anything so just wondering if the track radio station ect will still come up. 

3 - what's the cost? And where can I purchase these bits without getting a loan out? 

Many thanks in advance

stuart

IMG_5170.JPG

IMG_5177.JPG

You get the leads with the fascia kit depending on what company you use connects2 seem to supply steering wheel control leads with the fascia kits, not sure if it convers+ system cost wise £50 - £80 for the fascia and then how much your headunit will cost. 

I'm upgrading to a double din in January my cost is £530, £130 for Fascia including the steering wheel leads, £400 for the stereo.  

You get the leads with the fascia kit depending on what company you use connects2 seem to supply steering wheel control leads with the fascia kits, not sure if it convers+ system cost wise £50 - £80 for the fascia and then how much your headunit will cost. 

I'm upgrading to a double din in January my cost is £530, £130 for Fascia including the steering wheel leads, £400 for the stereo.  

What stereo you getting mate out of curiosity?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Ken.K said:

What stereo you getting mate out of curiosity?

Hi I'm buying the Pioneer AVH-5800DAB 

Will eventually be buying the reverse camera just for idea of having one :p but spending enough can't afford to get everything at once unfortunately 

15134064_10211505963303386_2027145381_o.png

Does your car come with dab or you have to get a separate antenna

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club